Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Error on line 44 (functions_general.php)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cilver/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/index.php:117) in /home/cilver/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44
    Thats what it says and I have no idea what happened...

I attatched my functions_general.php file to this thread (its a zip and inside the zip is the file)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error on line 44 (functions_general.php)

The problem is not actually in the functions_general file, but in your includes/languages/english/index.php file. If you take a look, I suspect that you will find that all the lines have been double spaced. Most importantly a new blank line has been added after the very last one.

There should be nothing after the ?> at the end. Position your cursor immediately afterwards and hit delete a few times. Then save and upload the resulting file.

How did this happen. Hopefully, you'll know what you did that might have caused this. I'd take a long hard look at your text editor.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I just replaced the english/index.php with the back up on and it works now, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The problem is not actually in the functions_general file, but in your includes/languages/english/index.php file. If you take a look, I suspect that you will find that all the lines have been double spaced. Most importantly a new blank line has been added after the very last one.

There should be nothing after the ?> at the end. Position your cursor immediately afterwards and hit delete a few times. Then save and upload the resulting file.

How did this happen. Hopefully, you'll know what you did that might have caused this. I'd take a long hard look at your text editor.
    Hi,what happend it always display "
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ****/includes/languages/schinese/meta_tags.php:1) in*****/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44
    "
    and as you said the index.php.no any blank after ?> .
    Help me please
    http://www.gueston.com Gueston wholesale plaza--wholesale cheap brand apparel

If you are still having the problem try this I have worked on the file if it still gives you problems let me know I will be more than happy to look at your site and help you fix the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gueston View Post
    Hi,what happend it always display "
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ****/includes/languages/schinese/meta_tags.php:1) in*****/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44
    "
    and as you said the index.php.no any blank after ?> .
    Help me please
    Your error is different to the one I responded to earlier in the post. If you re-read it it refers to a problem on line 1 of your includes/languages/schinese/meta_tags.php file.

This type of error usually occurs because the first character of the file has gotten lost. The file should start
    <?php

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hhstudio View Post
    If you are still having the problem try this I have worked on the file if it still gives you problems let me know I will be more than happy to look at your site and help you fix the problem.
    New help is much appreciated in this forum. However, please do read the rest of the thread first.

In this case, I have already explained that these types of problem are not with the function_general file. That's merely where the problem is spotted.

Also the file that you attached to your post is based on an old version of Zen Cart and is missing a number of important updates that have happened since that release and could cause problems for people using more up-to-date versions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Your error is different to the one I responded to earlier in the post. If you re-read it it refers to a problem on line 1 of your includes/languages/schinese/meta_tags.php file.

This type of error usually occurs because the first character of the file has gotten lost. The file should start
    But i sure the meta_tags file is right.
    But the site have so many eeror now.As the home page,always display
    Notice: Constant ABSPATH already defined in /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/wordpress/wp-config.php on line 21

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/wordpress/wp-config.php:21) in /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/wordpress/wp-config.php:21) in /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

and the products detail page always can't display products detail information.as: http://cbwp.us/tote-p-2.html
    http://www.gueston.com Gueston wholesale plaza--wholesale cheap brand apparel

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gueston View Post
    But i sure the meta_tags file is right.
    But the site have so many eeror now.As the home page,always display
    Notice: Constant ABSPATH already defined in /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/wordpress/wp-config.php on line 21

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/wordpress/wp-config.php:21) in /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/wordpress/wp-config.php:21) in /home/content/l/i/q/liqinghua/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

and the products detail page always can't display products detail information.as: http://cbwp.us/tote-p-2.html
    Those are wordpress issues, not Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte is right. this problem originates with your wordpress configuration file. But it's not a serious one which is why you only receive a "notice" and may be absolutely normal for Wordpress.

However, because you have strict error reporting on, the reporting of this minor event prevents PHP from creating the session the Zen Cart needs.

If you suppress display of notices, I suspect that you'll find that this problem goes away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast