Plugin Contributions

Default CEON/CardSave Pear/Blowfish issues

Just installed a Payment module provided by CardSave. It appears to be based on the CEON payment module.

I'm getting a warning message on the homepage saying:
    Warning: You do NOT have PEAR:Crypt_Blowfish installed on your server!

Now, I've tried a few things to resolve this but ultimately I'm out of my comfort zone (PHP/MySQL) and this appears to be more about server configuration.

I've tried making a custom php.ini file which includes the path to Pear. I've installed Pear in my home directory and set the include path to that. I've installed Blowfish into my Pear directory.

But I'm still being given the same warning message.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON/CardSave Pear/Blowfish issues

You need to contact the module provider for instructions.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi richard, have you had any joy yet?

I think cardsave need to pull their thumb out really... they seem like a nice bunch however they lack payment modules for all the popular cms/ecoms software!

the price is right with what they are offering however... i know i of a few people having opened an account with them and months later still finding t they cannot get the help nor tech people they need.

I to am gona have a go at this pronblem...

Matt :)

Plugin Contributions

Right. I did indeed get a resolution to my problem, and the assistance came via CardSave albeit in the form of some links to Ceon's documentation.

Basically, my host apparently does have Blowfish installed but I couldn't work out how to point my website at it so I ended up installing it directly into my webspace and creating a custom php.ini file to reference it.

Works a treat.

The payment module now functions very well in TEST mode. I haven't tested it in LIVE mode - I'll leave that for the owner of the site to use his own credit!

If you need some assistance, I'll do my best to help. Best to send me an email or private message though as I don't check here very often.

Plugin Contributions

i tried to contact richard but no reply i have now managed to install this payment module myself and keep getting the same error message. how do i make this php.ini file? i have tried everything but coding is quite mind boggling to myself

Plugin Contributions

right sorted this problem now by following very carefully the instructions provided here....

http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/pro...l_installation

loads up in the correct position to begin reading :)

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: CEON/CardSave Pear/Blowfish issues

That's a very useful link... but I'm lost on how to follow some of the steps. I'm moving a store from one server to another and apparently the new server doesn't have PEAR installed properly. You can see the store here: http://store.theebooksale.com/

I'm a noob with servers, and I can't figure out how to check the php_include path on the server. I know how to use PLESK control panel somewhat, but that doesn't give me access to the server root.

Can anyone help explain what I need to do to get Blowfish and Iridium going for this store???

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have just installed Ceon's Iriduim module on my test shop and was getting told that Blowfish Crypt wasn't installed. I followed Conors instrustions as per the link above. What you need to do is create a new folder in the stores root called Crypt then copy the Blowfish.php and the folder into it. Do the same in your admin folder.

This worked for me. Hope it can help some others.

Regards
    Natty

Plugin Contributions

its like childs play if read correctly :) your welcome for the link btw! hopefully the cardsave payment module will be approved shortly its only been on pending for over 2 months!?! that uses this module plus a few minor changes. took me about 3 weeks to find a work around and that involved abo 18 calls to the very helpful people at cardsave!