Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Authorizenet issues

I have a client running version 1.3.7. They have never had any issues with the cart, but recently switched to Authorizenet from another provider. Since switching, they keep having issues with clients purchasing items, and when the card info goes to authorizenet, it hangs for a long time, and then finally times out. They never get the order, nothing is ever logged on their end or on Authorizenet's end, and nothing remains in the cutsomers cart. It's like it was never ordered. I have authorizenet logging errors and it is not showing any.

We spoke to Authorizenet for a LONG time and they kept insisting there were no connections reported in their logs of our cart "talking" to them, and it was the cart's fault. As I said, this didn't happen with their previous processor - to which they replied "well, we all connect differently, so that doesn't mean anything". Then they tried to say it was the time stamp - the customer must be "holding" their cart contents for a long time before submitting, but then they finally admitted AIM doesn't pay attention to time stamps. Let's just say they were less than helpful.

Anyone have any ideas of where I can look next or what the issue might be? It's not every purchase, just once in a while.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorizenet issues

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    they keep having issues with clients purchasing items, and when the card info goes to authorizenet, it hangs for a long time, and then finally times out. They never get the order, nothing is ever logged on their end or on Authorizenet's end,
    Sounds like a communications problem between your store and the gateway.
    Since CURL is used to do that communication, perhaps there's something wrong with your server? You'll need to get your hosting company involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    and nothing remains in the cutsomers cart.
    If they log back into their account their cart should be restored.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am the host. We've looked into everything - no errors are logged anywhere on the server. It's not every order, it's maybe 1 in 50 orders. And it didn't do it with the other gateway. I'm willing to admit it can be the server, but no one else is having issues, and I can't think of where else to look.

The items are no longer in their cart if they log back in. Also, no error is written to the screen to tell them the order didn't go through.

Is there a way to log the CURL communications from the cart? I'm not sure that would help anyway.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Which Authorizenet module are they using?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

the built in AIM module.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you install this updated version of the module, you can turn on debug logging in the module's admin settings, and then monitor the logs to see what may or may not be happening as expected when the problem triggers next. I suspect you've got a server nslookup problem somewhere in your name resolver engine, and I'm not sure any logging at the PHP level is going to help you with that.

Nevertheless, this module is more efficient than the 1.3.7 version was: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...023#post441023, but is compatible with v1.3.7.

Plugin Contributions

I will try the updated module, but just FYI - the customer said when they logged back in their cart was empty, as if it had completed the purchase.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Which other payment modules do you have active? And, do you have any active but with status=false?