Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping/Delivery addresses - list?

Hi,

I understand that Zencart limits a customer to having 5 possible delivery addresses to choose from aside from the billing address.

What I would like to do is extend this number. The billing address would always remain the same, but it would be good to have an editable list to select the delivery address from that could, potentially, rise to the hundreds. Any way of doing this?

(Scenario is central purchasing/billing point for a large number of delivery addresses.)

TIA

(And a Happy New Year to all)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping/Delivery addresses - list?

I have a lot of friends (I hope), but I could not imagine a scenario where I would want to send products to HUNDREDS of them.

What is your objective of allowing a customer to set up HUNDREDS of potential delivery addresses?

There are security and fraud issues surrounding different billing and shipping addresses. I trust you are aware of the vulnerabilities here...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

[quote=schoolboy;823404]I have a lot of friends (I hope), but I could not imagine a scenario where I would want to send products to HUNDREDS of them.

What is your objective of allowing a customer to set up HUNDREDS of potential delivery addresses?

quote]

I should have explained better. We will enter all customer details and addresses (at least for the next year). The objective is that when an order comes in, we will be given a delivery address and would like to be able to import the appropriate address (from a list we will continually revise) in order to print the packing slip etc. The object is to do away with editing an address each time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    I should have explained better. We will enter all customer details and addresses (at least for the next year). The objective is that when an order comes in, we will be given a delivery address and would like to be able to import the appropriate address (from a list we will continually revise) in order to print the packing slip etc. The object is to do away with editing an address each time.
    How do you plan to import this data? One CRITICAL factor in customer account sign-ups is the auto-creation of a login password (which is encrypted during the create_account process). This cannot be done (easily - if at all) with a sql data insert. Additionally, the address info is in a related table to customer info, requiring the association of customer name and their addresses to be cross-referenced using a unique (incremental) ID.

Have you given this much thought?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    How do you plan to import this data? One CRITICAL factor in customer account sign-ups is the auto-creation of a login password (which is encrypted during the create_account process). This cannot be done (easily - if at all) with a sql data insert. Additionally, the address info is in a related table to customer info, requiring the association of customer name and their addresses to be cross-referenced using a unique (incremental) ID.

Have you given this much thought?
    This was sprung on me today :-((. We will have the customer login details as we currently create the accounts etc. and use them for our purposes. (The customer has no access to these.) Essentially this will be an offline system for the present, although using Zencart. Orders will come in by fax and will be manuallly entered to Zencart. It was suggested that being able to vastly extend the number of delivery address options per customer and being able to select the appropriate one for the order, would be beneficial in saving editing/keying time.

As simply as I can describe it - imagine a large company with multiple sites/offices. Orders come from a central purchasing department but delivery can be to any site or office of the company.

A selectable list seemed good (OR just to be able to enter the delivery address afresh each time into a blank entry i.e. not select from one of the saved addresses as now)

If it can't be done, my response to the requester is "tough, practise your typing" :-))

Plugin Contributions

Maybe another workable approach would be to create individual customer accounts as usual and use Master Password to login to each one of them.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=190

the actual password for the automatically created account could just be set to a random combination of numbers and letters, since the customer would never actually be using it.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.