Plugin Contributions

Default Recommended zen-cart books/study material

New user here. I have my cart up and running, thanks to you all here. Now I am looking for a good reference book and I found these two:

Zen Cart: E-commerce Application Development: A step-by-step developer's guide by Suhreed Sarkar (Paperback - Jul 24, 2008) 13 new from $39.20
    9 used from $35.99

and:

e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart by Goh Koon Hoek (Paperback - 2007) 1 new from $224.78
    3 used from $96.16

and I thought it interesting that I could get 5 new of one for the price of 1 of the other, which begs the question, why should/would you/I buy one over the other? The newer one is less expensive than the older one. And FWIW, I do not know PHP or CSS, or any of your other [fun!] tools nor do I really want too, although it has become obvious to me that some remedial HTML study is definitely in order, and maybe even a look at PHP, but I really hope not... ;-(

Yes, I am guessing that both writers are members here, but, they are welcome to chime on in too.

I did get the "How to set up and use zen cart" cd which was great, but more detail is still needed.

Thanks in advance for your opinion and any other recommendations before I spend any more money.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recommended zen-cart books/study material

The prices you quoted are a bit expensive. Look at the banner on the top of this page. It advertises e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart for a price of US$29.95 as download and $47.91 as printed book.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recommended zen-cart books/study material

Get the E-Start book direct from Lulu and forget the other one completely.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.