Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificate Redeem Issue

I am sorry if someone else posted this, I searched and didn't see any related thread.

I tried redeeming a test gift certificate and I was able to redeem it at the checkout in the field where you enter the redemption code however when I finish it sends me to the confirm order and then forwards me to paypal. I was not given an option to use it on that purchase.

I order to use it on that purchase on which I redeemed it, do I need to redeem it else ware first? or is there something I need to enable so the user can use the gift certificate on the same order they redeemed it?

If I redeem it, when it goes to the confirm order page, if I click the checkout button again I do end up getting the two boxes, one that allows me to redeem another and the other which allows me to enter the amount I wish to use (from the gift certificate I already redeemed). I think that may be a bit confusing for customers so I am wondering if I plain old did this in the wrong order or if I need to modify my setup

ps I am trying to do this without clicking the link in the email and only using the redemption code

thank you in advance for all help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Redeem Issue

Go through the things in Misty's list and make sure they're set up properly

You have to release the funds in the Admin before they can be used. The gift certificate can't be used in the same order where it is being purchased.

Check the last post on the first page of that thread, it tells how to release the funds.

Don't forget two things, you have to do if you released the Gift Certificate.
    1. Update the Order Status from Pending to Delivered of the Order.
    2. also Sent a mail to your customer to acknowledge the relase of the Gift Certificate.
    Good Luck!

Plugin Contributions

The problem isn't with releasing or p[purchasing, its when a new user redeems their gift certificate during checkout via the code. It will give a green box at the top saying ti was redeemed successfully but it doesn't give the user an option to apply an amount towards the purchase.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dreadlocks1221 View Post
    The problem isn't with releasing or p[purchasing, its when a new user redeems their gift certificate during checkout via the code. It will give a green box at the top saying ti was redeemed successfully but it doesn't give the user an option to apply an amount towards the purchase.
    Does anyone have a solution for this? I have the same problem. Customers have to click back to choose the amount of the gift certificate to redeem, which confuses them.

If someone enters their gift certificate code, the next page says, "Congratulations, you have redeemed $XX", but the gift certificate is not applied at all unless they click back and apply part of the balance.

Is there a way to automatically apply the gift certificate to the order?

Brandon