Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes Malfunctioning

hey all,
    i am having trouble attaching attributes to my products.
    it seems to be a new error... as i have attached attributes in the past.
    for example, right now i have color choices black and brown. i want to change them to black chestnut and tan. i can edit the attached attribute to the product and change it from brown to chestnut, but when i try to add an additional attribute for the tan color... it doesnt work.
    in the 'attributes controller' page, about 1/2 way down where it says 'adding new attributes', there is nothing populated in the two columns 'option names' and 'option values'. even though i have many attributes created.

any ideas why the two columns are blank/empty?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes Malfunctioning

Stupid question, but do you have more than 1 language installed on your shop? It's a long shot, but top of my head, all I can think is that would happen if the attributes haven't been set up for the language you are currently using within the admin.

I take it that they do all show up still in the Option Names and Option Values page within the admin?

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your reply.
    i only use english, both in my store and the admin. so, i dont think that is the issue.

i have created lots of attributes, and can still see them in the option values and option names. i also still see them when i ask to edit an attribute that has already been assigned... for example... a collar currently has black and brown assigned. i want to change the brown to chestnut. when i click on edit, i see the option values available of black, brown, chestnut and tan... so they are still there and available.. they just arnt showing in the "adding new attributes" area.

Plugin Contributions

I'm also having problems -- or at least NOT understanding how the 'Attributes Controller' page works....although I'm new to ZenCart so I can't say that it worked before or not.

I just do NOT see any place to 'ADD' [associate] the 'option name / values' to the product that is highlighted.

I see an 'insert' button which is I presume to insert characteristics [attributes] like the 'price', 'weight' etc for an option value -- but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still have the "No attributes Defined for Product ID#4" message in the title.

I followed the tutorial at https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=57 but it doesn't seem to correlate to the screen that I'm looking at.

Can someone point me in the right direction?? I must be missing something.

Many thanks...
    Jann

Plugin Contributions

OK - I found another tutorial which seems to be what I needed:

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...tes_Controller

Plugin Contributions

ok, so i took some screen shots, as i am still having this issue... ANY help is appreciated of course...

1st screen is the issue.. note the red arrow... NOTHING in the attributes selector area:

2nd and 3rd screens are just to show that i do indeed have attributes already created, that show in the other screens.

any thoughts on the issue?

Plugin Contributions

If I remember correctly, the use of special html characters like " and ? in the option naming stops the correct display in the attribute controller.
    Last edited by Rik; 21 Jan 2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typo
    zensational

Plugin Contributions

i'll try editing them out i guess... but they have been like that for months with no problem.

in the meantime, any other thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

ok, so kudos and thanks to Rik for your input... apparently "s arent good for attributes.
    as always, a mystery as to why it would work for months, and then stop working... thats the joy of web design and computers in general i guess.

i would like to ask if there is some sort of list of what are considered special html characters? dashes, quotes, question marks?