Default I broke Contact Us

I broke the contact us page a few years ago. I'd always assumed it was caused by my carelessly installing an add-on without testing in a sand box but I'm in the process of upgrading and it just doesn't work so I think it's a server configuration issue.

I've gotten this since somewhere in 1.3.7 and now see it in 1.3.8 (always upon clicking the send button). I use godaddy hosting on a Unix server.

Here is the error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.sobebabies.com Port 80

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I broke Contact Us

Error 500 , Can be caused by either malformed cgi script or invalid directive in an .htaccess file .
    also might be of wrong permission on your file or folder.
    it may help if you look at you server log files for exact error , or use Debug utility from free add on section to log errors from effected page(s)

Tony, thank you for the reply.
    Anything wrong with my .htaccess? I don't know what some of this code means. Off to track down this mysterious server log....
    Wrong permission on which file or folder?

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti* June2005.html

<Limit GET POST>
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    allow from all
    </Limit>
    <Limit PUT DELETE>
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    </Limit>
    AuthName www.sobebabies.com
    AuthUserFile /var/chroot/home/content/t/e/s/test1/html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
    AuthGroupFile /var/chroot/home/content/t/e/s/test1/html/_vti_pvt/service.grp
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.sobebabies.com/$1 [R=301,L]
    redirect 301 /index.html http://www.sobebabies.com/shop/
    redirect 301 /index.php http://www.sobebabies.com/shop/
    ErrorDocument 404 http://www.sobebabies.com/shop/index...page_not_found
    ErrorDocument 404 http://www.sobebabies.com /index.php?main_page=page_not_found

Plugin Contributions

I don't think there is anything wrong with your .htaccess file . you can access your server log from your server control panel . or you can install debug utility and see if you can log any error that can give us an idea as what has gone wrong with your contact us page.

Still trying to track down the server error log (on phone on hold while they look now) but here is the debug error message:

[09-Jan-2010 21:08:27] PHP Warning: main(includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/e/s/test1/html/Sept09/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 72
    [09-Jan-2010 21:08:27] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/e/s/test1/html/Sept09/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 72

Not sure which of my myriad of issues that's to do with. Wonder what file I've squashed, can't think while on hold! :)

Woo hoo! Weird I was missing a file. This has fixed my other issue but contact is still broken and godaddy support says there is no error file.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue? I did something about 2 years ago to break it and always assumed it was one of the add-on modules but now I've done an upgrade and still have the issue so who knows what I might have done to my hosting account. Godaddy was useless. They want me to upgrade. Right.

They said I should use forms instead of the existing code but I'm not really keen to replace zencart code. But this has been a PITA for too long so I might have to. Weirdly, it works fine on my other website and I did a lot of the same things there (but not all).

This looks helpful. It is not an .htaccess issue because it still happens if I remove that file entirely, so it's likely permissions anywhere. Can someone please tell me what scripts might be running when I submit the contact us form?