Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default ? Right column not displaying in template 241

Just started customizing my zencart and I'm using template '241' which the demo has displaying both left & right columns.

I think I have it figured that there are TWO places to control the sideboxes. Under admin menu option 'configuration : layout settings' and then also under admin menu option 'tools : layout boxes controller'.

I have the 'Column Left Status' and 'Column Right Status' (located in configuration : layout settings) set to '1' which is "on".

I have the 'best_sellers.php' and 'featured.php' options turned 'on' for the 'right column' (located in tools : layout boxes controller).

I've experimented with the Column Left Status and am able to turn the left column 'off' [not displaying] but can NOT seem to effect the right column.

What am I missing?

Suggestions appreciated.

Jann

http://www.a-stonehousedesign.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ? Right column not displaying in template 241

Look in the template's COMMON folder for tpl_main_page.php and see if the settings there have been configured to hide the right column.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

OK -- found the 'tpl_main_page.php' file...and have found code referencing the right column...HOWEVER... I don't know PHP so exactly what am I looking for? ie; what would "settings" in PHP code look like ?

Plugin Contributions

I am not saying that tpl_main_page.php IS your problem... but that it MIGHT be your problem...

Look at the long list of commented code at the top...

If you see anything were the following line is being rendered ACTIVE

PHP Code:
    $flag_disable_right true
    Then it is possible that this is your issue. You can DE-activate it by COMMENTING it out - probably by putting an asterisk in front of it (if it is still in this header text)
    PHP Code:
     *  $flag_disable_right true
    ... or by using php comment tags //

PHP Code:
    //  $flag_disable_right = true; 
    Look also at the line that says:

PHP Code:
    // the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags

if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'list_pages_to_skip_all_right_sideboxes_on_here,separated_by_commas,and_no_spaces')) ) {

$flag_disable_right true;
      } 
    if the text:
    PHP Code:
    list_pages_to_skip_all_right_sideboxes_on_here,separated_by_commas,and_no_spaces 
    ... is not there, and you see a list of pages being referenced instead, (EG: index,contact_us,checkout_shipping,shopping_cart,...)

Then DELETE all these page names, so that the lines of code look like this:

PHP Code:
    // the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags

if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'')) ) {

} 
    It is important to retain the php SYNTAX here... if you omit one single quote mark, you will break the page...

My example is proper syntax.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

• Yes -- I understand that you are suggesting to just 'check' the tpl_main_page.php page and it may NOT be the issue.

• OK -- found all the commented code at the top and did find the PHP code "$flag_disable_right = true;" ...but it has the "*" in front of it so it's still a comment.

• This is the other reference to the right-column:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    //if (COLUMN_RIGHT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true' && $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0)) {
    if (COLUMN_RIGHT_STATUS == || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == ''))) {

// global disable of column_right

}
    if (!isset(
    $flag_disable_right) || !$flag_disable_right) {
    ?>
    <td id="navColumnTwo" class="columnRight">
    <?php

/**
      * prepares and displays right column sideboxes
      */
    ?>
    <div id="navColumnTwoWrapper"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES zen_get_module_directory('column_right.php')); ?></div></td>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
      </tr>
    </table>

Plugin Contributions

Where did you get the template?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Template 241 is available on the demo page listing all the Free Templates;

http://(sorry, site offline)/templates.html

Plugin Contributions

Hopefully the author will pop in to help then.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Yes -- that would be nice if the author of template 241 could share some insight.

I was able to get the 'shopping cart status' to display in the right-column by editing in the 'configuration : layout settings' to 'always'. Not sure WHY this box appears but the others do NOT.??

So there appears to be some sort of relationship between the 'configuration : layout settings' and the 'tools : layout boxes controller'. However, I don't see any references on the layout settings list to the other boxes [ "best sellers" or "featured" or "order history"] that I've indicated to display on the right column so I'm NOT seeing a pattern to this relationship. ???

It seems to me that if you have the 'Column Right Status - Global' set to "1" [on] then even if you don't assign any 'sideboxes' to the right column, the column space should still be reserved. ie; the center column should NOT take up the right-column space.

I'm noticing that in the 'layout settings' options description for the Column Right Status feature it says "1= Column Right is on, unless page override" -- how do I know if there is a 'page override' ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jannz View Post
    how do I know if there is a 'page override' ?
    I just showed you... page overrides are specified in tpl_main_page.php .
    19 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast