Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL Security Warning IE8

Quote Originally Posted by riddler24a View Post
    no offence intended here, I have picked up this project of a 3rd party and totally agree that all sites Zen cart / Joomla etc should have the "powered by statement".

I have worked on plenty of sites that powered by statement left on and this is something I personally encourage , but if a client request it be removed then is that not their right?

To remove your help just because of a personal preference is totally up to you if not a little mean sprinted, but that is only my opinion.

But to keep everybody happy and not to make anybody mad and to say thank you for everyone's support I have put back in the Zen cart text
    I recommend that you re-read what I actually wrote. I didn't say that it was necessary to credit Zen Cart, that's perferable, but not obligatory. I objected to the way the site owners were taking credit that is due to Zen Cart.

If you think that it's mean-spirited of me not to donate free assistance to a site was not only not crediting those who'd done most of the work, but was taking that credit for itself, then I'll happily accept that label (though I think you've got it backwards).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    In your includes/templates/your_template/common/

switch out the html_header.php. Since the configure looks ok, that generally mean this file is broken.

It switches to ssl, but not correctly, the base href is still http and the login page for example loads in http if you try.

~Melanie
    Hi ~Melanie,

how do you mean switch out the html_header.php?

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Rename or back it up and replace it with a fresh Zen Cart default one.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, will give that a go.

Alan

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem IE warning pops up on login and all other secure pages.....In IE8, I receive an SSL Security Warning: This webpage contains contet that will not be delivered using a secure https. I get the error every time "My Account", "Logout", or "Checkout" is clicked, and also EVERY step through the checkout process.

Plugin Contributions

Joe,

That usually means that you have links on those pages that are prefixed http:// rather than https:// and are there being pulled in through a link that is not secured.

I'm suspecting that you're not talking about the link in your sig as that doesn't have a valid security certificate. Instead it would seem to share a hosting account with what I suspect is intended to be your main URL, natas .... production .... com, but which doesn't seem to have a site yet.

So in the absence of a site to look at, it's not possible to be more specific as what is causing the problem.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

i have reloaded html_header.php file. but there is no effect of it. can you suggest another solution?
    thanx

Plugin Contributions

In order to help we need to know the exact error and having a URL to your site would also help.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I noticed today that my website is also doing this. Im pretty sure it never use to and i havnt really added anything additional to the sideboxes etc.

I disabled sideboxes etc to no avail.

Site: t r u w a t e r . c o m . a u

Plugin Contributions

You will be looking for an absolutely coded element in a stylesheet or javascript file.

Yours is not in the page.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast