Plugin Contributions

Default sub Domains and domain alias

I'm considering domain alias or sub domains. Since I own multiple domains, I am trying to accomplish a billboard style site where the users are then direted to the main domain. I do not want to lose the original page ranking for keyword and description. I know I can use a redirect, but I believe that this means the domain is just an address not an actual web page. I'm wondering if I just need to edit all my sites individually, then just link them to the main site in order to keep high search engine ranking.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sub Domains and domain alias

What is high?
    If using ZenCart as the main domain do shoppers see your domain name?
    Doubtful...
    They search for specific products - so you actually want ranking for your product pages that currrently does not exist
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I'm going to write up a small outline of the file structure.
    This will show what I mean.
    Currently there is no store on the site I'm relating to you about.
    In the future I would like to see if this type of structure will work for a store.
    I think that you already answered the the question about zen cart being able to handle this type of structure. I'll get back later.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what you will come up with or how sophisticated it might be

But Google is one step ahead of any attempts to key off of PR in my experience

IMO - Best to just do it correctly per domain - I have had new domains begin to show up on page one when searching for a "product" in less than 6 months
    The actual product page
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have had very good sucess in testing templates from my server. Just a sentence, the correct tags, and title.
    These are "splash" pages as we would call them. I eventually need to make them look less generic since i have figured out how they work. I want these splash pages hosted on the same domain, not domain aliases.
    Am I making sense?
    I belive that I can host multiple domains without them being alias domains. These hosted domains or splash pages can be edited from one place or file structure as I like to call it.
    Therfore, the main domain consists of several hosted domains which are my splash pages.
    Am I making sense?
    The traffic originates from the spash pages which are located in the host.
    The host will then have a file structure based on the splash pages which takes them further into the main site which can be the store.
    I plan on having the stores set up as sub domains of these "hosted" splash pages, or more than likely the sub domain stores are of the main site. The prefix is the hosted domain, the later file suffix is the file or "splash" page it came from.
    Am I making sense?
    All files wil be structured or named accordingly. Thats why I will have more than one store or sub domain.
    I think we talked about having the multiple store module, but i really dont' think that a multiple store is a good idea.
    I am working on disecting the information so to make rank a breese without eliminating extra information on other products.
    We just make the proper place to put it.
    Let me know if I am making any sense.
    By the way, Google Local deleted all my good reviews just like that. Zippo gone! Problably because I hung up on them, when they tried to extort me. That took quite a bit of work to get so many good reviews.