Plugin Contributions

Default weird error message "we are not shipping to this region at this time..."

My new store is online now at s n i c k l e f r i t z y a r n s . c o m / e s t o r e 2

I had a couple of people make test accounts and purchases and everything seemed to be ok. Then I had one of my regular customers from my old storefront (at etsy.com) make a purchase but she is getting an error message like this:

"Not Available At This Time
    Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    Please contact us for alternate arrangements.

It won't let me go on to the part where I enter my payment info."

I checked her address and she doesn't have any typos. What's weird is that I tried setting up my personal account with this person's shipping address and I didn't have any problems.

any idea what the problem is? I use the local tax mod to figure out tax zones if that makes any difference.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: weird error message "we are not shipping to this region at this time..."

update: my customer tried entering my address for the shipping address and she got the same error message. She tried both IE and firefox and had the same problem. However, neither I nor my other test customers ever ran into this...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: weird error message "we are not shipping to this region at this time..."

What shipping module(s) are installed?

What is the Ship From address?

What is the Ship To address?

Are there Zones set on the shipping module(s)?

What is the weight of the order?

What are you settings in the Shipping/Packaging?

Can you reproduce this problem with the exact same Ship To address?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I tried reproducing the problem by using the same address for myself that the customer was using. I didn't have any problems, but then again, I was trying to purchase different items, not the same one she had.

the shipping rate is $3.50 for the first item and $1.50 for each additional item. Right now it is set to put a handling fee of $2 on all orders with a shipping of $1.50 per item. That's how I get zencart to set the shipping the way I want it. I think there is only one shipping module installed. the customer was not supposed to be charged shipping in this case however.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have a Zone set on your Shipping Module(s)?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It says "none" under shipping zone