Plugin Contributions

Default v1.2 Site with Authorize.net Errors

I am frustrated to the bone with some Authorize.net issues, please lend any additional suggestions if you can.

I am tasked with assisting a current Zencart 1.2.6 client to troubleshoot their website, before they save up some funds and move forward to upgrade the site later this year. The issues started back in November when they went through some web hosting changes/migrations.

We have repaired most of the problems they had with the site due to misconfigurations and settings. However, people still cannot complete orders because every credit card is declined. From what I can tell, no communication is occurring with the actual Authorize.net account. No declined transactions are showing up in the merchant account, it just automatically displays that generic error: Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason.

Since this is an older version of Zencart and the AIM module, there is no nice debugging setting in the admin. Where are error logs stored for the mod? I saw mention of a cache folder but there are no files in there at this time. I see no log files in the modules folders either.

I have checked cURL is enabled and compiled, ran a cURL test file to check. I have checked that SSL is working properly.

I have reset the transaction key about 5 times.

I have reinstalled the Authorize.net module from scratch.

What else could I be overlooking? I think I have tunnel vision at this point.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.2 Site with Authorize.net Errors

Are the cards they accept turned on in the Admin> Configuration> Credit Cards?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply, Kim.

Yes, I did check those settings also. All credit card types (4 major) are selected. I also went back through all the payment module settings and made sure the other mods were not enabled or had different order values.

I am leaning toward a possible issue with the path to cURL or something related to the hosting environment. I am trying to investigate with a system administrator for the server and will let you know if I turn up any more details.

Plugin Contributions

This is the version we have installed currently to this 1.2.6 site:

// $Id: authorizenet_aim.php 943 2005-01-16 15:16:47Z networkdad $

Is this version outdated for 1.2.6? I know there are newer releases posted in the forums from 2007 and of course the latest 1.3.x, but I assume those are NOT compatible with 1.2.6?

Please let me know if there is a newer patch/download to replace what we have installed here.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try taking the v1.3.8a version of the AIM module (and its language file), but make the following changes:
    a) Near the top of the file you'll see "extends base". You'll need to remove both of those words.
    b) In the middle of the file is "function after_process()". On the first line of that function (above the line that says "global .... something"), add a new line saying just "return false;"
    c) When installing and configuring admin settings in the module, there is a "Store results in Database" or something akin to that. You MUST set that to false because it uses functions not available in 1.2.x

This debug-logging tool should help point out any other errors that might crop up when trying to use this module on the older version: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v1.2 Site with Authorize.net Errors

Thank you, Dr Byte. You are my hero. We followed your recommendations and the module is now properly communicating with Authorize.net and orders are going through.