Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PLEASE HELP! Strange message in ADMIN/CUSTOMER

Oh my gosh! Can someone please help!

I set up myself as a customer to see if my checkout process was ok. Everything worked fine, so I went to delete myself as a customer in ADMIN, and this is the message I saw:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/admin/sqlpatch.php cgc.amount ' at line 1
    in:
    [select o.orders_id, o.date_purchased, o.order_total, o.currency, o.currency_value,/admin/sqlpatch.php cgc.amount from orders o left join coupon_gv_customer cgc on o.customers_id = cgc.customer_id where customers_id='7' order by date_purchased desc]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHAT THIS MEANS AND HOW TO FIX IT? I couldn't delete myself as a customer, there was no DELETE option.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! Strange message in ADMIN/CUSTOMER

I contacted my server who hosts my website, and they said, "I'm sorry, as this issue is not server related we will be unable to provide support. We recommend contacting a web developer, or any message boards related to your script"...PLEASE! Anybody! Could this possibly be a security patch issue? That's the last change I've made to my website besides changing the paypal logo (in my paypal.php file) from the standard paypal to the credit card logo and also adding more items for sale.

Plugin Contributions

You went to sql updates and tried to issue a statement to delete a customer, but for some reason you pasted in a bit of the URL you were using admin/sqlpatch.php and so the SQL didn't go through and displayed an error message. You should have used this:

Code:
    select o.orders_id, o.date_purchased, o.order_total, o.currency, o.currency_value, cgc.amount from orders o left join coupon_gv_customer cgc on o.customers_id = cgc.customer_id where customers_id='7' order by date_purchased desc
    although where you got the SQL and what you were attempting to do is not mentioned and I don't know if Zen has a delete customer option, I would have though that that woule be a bad idea in case accidentally hit. The above should do whatever you were trying to do, and is not anything to do with a security patch, just a cut and pasting error.

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Customers > Customers - select the customer to be deleted (in this case yourself) and hit the 'Delete' button.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Frank18!

In admin/customers there was no delete button, just that error message.

MattyMatt:
    Thank you so much for your help!...although, I didn't go to sql updates and try to issue a statement to delete a customer. All I did was make myself as a new customer to see if paypal worked. After I found out it did, I went in admin to delete myself as a customer, and there was NO OPTION TO DELETE, only the error message. The only changes I had made to my website prior to this was: install security patches, edit the paypal.php file to show the credit card logo instead of just the paypal logo, add new items to my cart, and change the security settings of some of the pictures I had uploaded. I don't understand what happend or how to fix it. I don't understand how to fix this...you said I should copy and paste the code you wrote, but I don't have a clue where that should go!

Plugin Contributions

OH I think you have file corruption then, probably ftp gone wrong. Try uploading the file that Frank18 says you need to go to. I know SQL and that is an easy error to spot, but if it's on entirely the wrong page and bits are missing I think it's more likely that something didn't get ftp'd into place.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MattyMatt! Do you guys think I should just re-upload my original sqlpatch.php file? If not, where exactly should I copy and paste the code? (do you know the approx. line?)

Plugin Contributions

I think you should reupload the page that Frank has told you is where the delete button should be, following his directions would tell you which file it is. Probably sqlpatch.php is going to also be needed as it appears half stuck inside whatever the other page is.

Plugin Contributions

Ok...the page that Frank is talking about is in ADMIN. That is a ADMIN AREA where you log in to upload items to your cart, change layout settings, see your customers, etc. It's not actually part of the store itself. So I wouldn't even know if there was a file to upload that would actually fix the admin part of the shopping cart.

Do you still think I should still try uploading the original sqlpatch.php?
    Last edited by debtag; 24 Jan 2010 at 03:14 AM.

Plugin Contributions

admin/customers.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast