Plugin Contributions

Default Notice in my admin re: SP...for 1.3.8a

Hi all,

I'm running: (cut and pasted from the version tab of ZC)
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Patch: 1::

I've applied all the patches/security updates...Every time I log into my hosting service I get a notice that pops up saying that a newer version is available.....to upgrade from "1.3.8.1 to 1.3.8.1.sp1"....

Is 1.3.8.1 the same as 1.3.8a? Or is one of these a newer release?

Also I saw somewhere on the site a reference to 1.3.9.....is that out? I'm confused...can someone straighten me out?

Thanks

MM

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SP...for 1.3.8a

"v1.3.8.1" and ""v1.3.8.1.sp1" are not something that the Zen Cart team has ever officially released. It is most likely something your hosting company has made up.

v1.3.9 is in development. It will be released when it's ready. Stay tuned to the Announcements area of the forum to be notified when it's released.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmmm.... Made up as in they just renumbered things or made up as in changed something in the code to work better with their servers?

Thanks
    MM

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Patch: 1::
    To clarify: That is the last official release level published as of today.
    Various minor patch updates have been posted since then, but are not part of official new release versions.

New releases are announced in the Announcements area of the forum. If you subscribe yourself to that section of the forum, you will be notified by email when the next official release is available.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Notice in my adming re: SP...for 1.3.8a

OK....thanks. Maybe they have somehow included some of the bug fixes in their 'version'.... I'll stick with the original since you guys are "the ones what brung me".....lol...

Keep up the good work!

MM

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Notice in my admin re: SP...for 1.3.8a

Installatron has included some of the fixes and call it 1.3.81 or Something like that
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Notice in my admin re: SP...for 1.3.8a

SimpleScripts is another script installer that calls their version of Zencart "1.3.8.1.sp1". Bluehost/Hostmonster is one of the webhosts that provides SimpleScripts through their cPanel.