Plugin Contributions

Default Gift voucher/ coupon

Hi,

This is actually 2 questions! I had gift vouchers available in my store. A person used a gift voucher (even though they had none) to pay for something around $300. I contacted the person and they said they didnt enter a gift certificate code. How is this possible. I have the newest version v1.38a.

The second question is: I disabled gift vouchers and you can see it in the payment section in checkout. The same person ordered something totaling $318 and again the invoice said gift certificate/voucher. How can this be?? It's causing a lot of hassle!

My site is www.thehandballstore.com

Regards.
    Last edited by yoppo; 2 Feb 2010 at 08:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift voucher/ coupon

In Admin->Modules->Payment, you probably have several modules "installed" but you've set their "Enabled?" status to false, instead of clicking on Remove.
    If you don't click on Remove, then there is an intermittent problem that can sometimes cause the payment to get attributed to a module that's supposed to be disabled.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have them all disabled. The only ones I need are enabled!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do these problems happen with all payment modules?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Not that I know of. It's only happening the last few weeks and I haven't done any updates or modifications.

I tried to purchase something and the coupon/voucher module didn't appear at all so it's really confusing.

Do you want admin/ftp access or anything?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yoppo View Post
    Not that I know of.
    Okay, how about a different question: WHICH payment modules is it happening with?

It's only happening the last few weeks and I haven't done any updates or modifications.
    If *you* didn't, then have you checked whether anyone/anything *else* might have?

I tried to purchase something and the coupon/voucher module didn't appear at all so it's really confusing.
    If the problem isn't repeatable, it's going to be hard to help.
    Do you want admin/ftp access or anything?
    No.

Plugin Contributions

It's fine with all the payment modules. I just checked there and nothing seems to be wrong.

I did a comparison of the site code now and in December and although there are some small changes (css and one or two new modules i installed myself) nothing seems to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Okay, how about a different question: WHICH payment modules is it happening with?

If *you* didn't, then have you checked whether anyone/anything *else* might have?

If the problem isn't repeatable, it's going to be hard to help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just checked there and nothing seems to be wrong.
    Oh good :)

Plugin Contributions

But it will probably happen again. It's only to that one customer! It's really strange.

Plugin Contributions

I found the problem. I put the Aim module in test mode and used a test AMEX card no. The invoice in my email listed the payment method as Gift Certificate/Voucher. So it must just be amex cards?? But a person used a real amex no a week ago ago and it worked. Strange!