Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning‏

Huh, I never changed that to go to the checkout page...It always went to http://handsfreebaby.com/store/ipn_main_handler.php before and I haven't made any changes. I will check the paypal account to see if the settings are different.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just took it from your post above:
    Quote Originally Posted by cyfarian View Post
    Notification URLhttp://handsfreebaby.com/store/index.php?main_page=checkout_process

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, just searched for this and found this thread.
    I've received this same email 3 times, 1 every morning at about 6.30am.
    After the first one I logged into paypal/mts and logged a ticket and 3 days later I haven't heard anything back from them, except more warnings.

I'm using 1.3.9b and their error message shows my site as
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mywebsiteaddress.com%2Fshop%2Fipn_main_handler.php
    rather than https://www.mywebsiteaddre ss.com/shop/ipn_main_handler.php

Not sure if that has any relevance.
    I haven't changed anything in my paypal module and everything was fine until I got the first error message on
    monday.
    When I go into paypal.co.uk and look at my ipn history I see that 2 have been retrying for 10 and 13 retries and both have my url show in the strange format above but my successful transactions show my url correctly.
    What to do?

Nedward

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Which paypal module are you actually using?
    Were those "failed" IPN notices related to actual transactions? If so, what are the details inside those notices?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte, I'm using
    PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) and
    PayPal Express Checkout (Pro 2.0 Payflow Edition) (UK)

The retrying ones are both actual transactions that are completed orders that I've been paid for so from my point of view I'm happy.

one of the retrying ones has this as the ipn message

mc_gross=12.94&invoice=4256-1273669430-[Pic&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=confirmed&payer_id=NMKJ3PR4ZW Q6J&tax=0.00&address_street=deleted&payment_date=06:03:54 May 12, 2010 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=deleted&first_name=deleted=0.64&address_country_code=GB&address _name=deleted&notify_version=2.9&custom=EC-4256-deleted9430&payer_status=unverified&address_country=United Kingdom&address_city=Dundee&quantity=1&verify_sign=AqBqA1nSf.CEBj1d5rbDP.LO-woKA5UkOUIVt7UhQ7ilpopLOgLtST27&payer_email=deleted.co.uk&contact_phone=+44 deleted48&txn_id=5WK95693F2876833C&payment_type=instant&last_name=deletedaddress _state=Angus&receiver_email=deleted&payment_fee=&receiver_id=JSUV4P3CBWKX2&txn_t ype=express_checkout&item_name=&mc_currency=GBP&item_number=&residence_country=G B&handling_amount=7.95&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=&shipping=0.00

I've inserted the word deleted where there is personal info.

Thanks

Nedward

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are they all showing &payment_status=Completed and &txn_type=express_checkout ?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte, yes they all say that.

Thanks

Nedward

Plugin Contributions

Hi again, so now when I go into IPN History in paypal.co.uk, I see that the ones that were retrying are now disabled.
    I've still been paid and I still receive my orders through zen cart, so am I missing anything vital by having it disabled?

It would have been nice if paypal had responded to my support ticket!

Thanks

Nedward

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since Express Checkout transactions don't rely on IPN notifications to save an order's information when it is completed, you're not missing anything in this case.
    The only reason IPN is needed with Express Checkout is to record any updates to a transaction, such as refunds or disputes/reversals/fraud-alerts/etc. In such cases, it simply adds another comment in your order-status-history with the status change. It doesn't change the order amount or anything anyway. You can see all the same info in your PayPal account, so there's nothing to worry about for these 3 messages you mention with &payment_status=Complete

Plugin Contributions

Ok great thanks Dr Byte.

Paypal still didn't respond to my question.

grrrr.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234