Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blank pages after Moving store to root

I just tried to move my store from a subdirectory to root on the same server. The steps I took were update the two admin files and move most directories and files to root. Some would not move so I copied them (cache and images). I am getting a blank page. I have debugging on but I don't see anything at all. I even turned on the debug that is supposed to write to the browser but still see nothing.

Latest version, just upgraded, had it working and figured this was a good time to do this. Upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.3.8 patched (can't be more specific without admin access).
    Lots of custimizations but all were working (tabbed products, simple seo urls, googlel base, etc.)

Suggestions or questions? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Moving store

Off to do this: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    I keep thinking I updated the error log but it's only if I change permissions on a folder. For example, I just changed permissions on include and got some actual php errors. But when I put it back, I'm back to the blank screen and no logging.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank pages after Moving store to root

Did you miss any of the documented steps? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you miss any of the documented steps? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122
    This is great, thanks. I hadn't found the tutorial so was winging it. I will comb through it all and see what I missed.

I am not sure I completely understand how the debugging works; I haven't changed anything but this is what is being logged:

[04-Feb-2010 17:38:29] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/t/e/s/test1/html/includes/functions/extra_functions/class.rlwp.php on line 23

That file is exactly as it was a few days ago before I mucked things up.

Dr Byte, the instructions you just sent were new to me so I never did the admin config step 2:

Go into Admin > Configuration > Sessions and change the Session Directory to reflect the new folder name. If you cannot do this, see the alternate approach in step 5 below.

and I can't figure out the step 5 download to try to fix this; I can't seem to find what it is telling me to download at all. Is this step critical when moving the installation directory? Can I go into the database and change something manually?

When I compared the files, the differences were all okay and had to do with add-ons that were working fine. I am still reviewing files that are missing to see if something is just not there and that could get things moving forward.

Thanks for any help and clarification!

The problem was the .htaccess file. :)

Plugin Contributions

what was the problem with the file?
    J

I am not 100% sure but I had some help from someone and they fixed this for me after I moved the shop to root and could not figure out how to get it to work properly. They had helped me set up a .htaccess for my shop when it was in /shop to get some other niggling url rewrite issues resolved and when I moved my store to root, I didn't realize I needed to move that .htaccess file (or maybe it wound up being merged). Anyway, there was something in there that needed to be in the root .htaccess after the move. HTH.

I've edited my admin/includes and includes configure.php then ran the fix-cache-key which appeared to synchronize.
    Now when I click (in admin) configuration, session I get a white page. My error log says:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './php_gd2.dll' - ./php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysql.dll' - ./php_mysql.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

This is the same error message I get when I test as a customer clicking their purchased download link.

Someone?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StitchJunkie View Post
    I've edited my admin/includes and includes configure.php then ran the fix-cache-key which appeared to synchronize.
    Now when I click (in admin) configuration, session I get a white page. My error log says:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './php_gd2.dll' - ./php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysql.dll' - ./php_mysql.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

This is the same error message I get when I test as a customer clicking their purchased download link.

Someone?
    I've *already* answered that SAME question in your *OTHER* identical post: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...534#post848534

Scattering your questions all over the forum results in unfinished discussions, incomplete answers, and makes the information useless for others who may come along looking for something similar. It's even worse when you hijack someone else's discussion to take it off on a bunny-trail when you've already got other posts doing the same thing. Please stop making more work for the volunteers who offer their help for free.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast