Plugin Contributions

Default Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in \includes\languages\english\meta_ta

PLEASE HELP!
    Ive just lost my site I think..... I was trying to add metagtag and keywords and now Im getting this message, how do I get my site back

this is the error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in D:\Hosting\4014679\html\includes\languages\english\meta_tags.php on line 14

Thank you !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

This is the info in meta_tags

,<?php
    /**
    * @package languageDefines
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2007 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: meta_tags.php 6668 2007-08-16 10:05:09Z drbyte $
    */

// page title
    define('TITLE', );

// Site Tagline
    define('SITE_TAGLINE', );

// Custom Keywords
    define('CUSTOM_KEYWORDS', );

// Home Page Only:
    define('HOME_PAGE_META_DESCRIPTION', );
    define('HOME_PAGE_META_KEYWORDS',);

// NOTE: If HOME_PAGE_TITLE is left blank (default) then TITLE and SITE_TAGLINE will be used instead.
    define('HOME_PAGE_TITLE', '); // usually best left blank

// EZ-Pages meta-tags. Follow this pattern for all ez-pages for which you desire custom metatags. Replace the # with ezpage id.
    // If you wish to use defaults for any of the 3 items for a given page, simply do not define it.
    // (ie: the Title tag is best not set, so that site-wide defaults can be used.)
    // repeat pattern as necessary
    define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_EZPAGE_#','');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_EZPAGE_#','');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_EZPAGE_#', '');

// Per-Page meta-tags. Follow this pattern for individual pages you wish to override. This is useful mainly for additional pages.
    // replace "page_name" with the UPPERCASE name of your main_page= value, such as ABOUT_US or SHIPPINGINFO etc.
    // repeat pattern as necessary
    define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_page_name','');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_PAGE_page_name','');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PAGE_page_name', '');

// Review Page can have a lead in:
    define('META_TAGS_REVIEW', 'Reviews: ');

// separators for meta tag definitions
    // Define Primary Section Output
    define('PRIMARY_SECTION', ' : ');

// Define Secondary Section Output
    define('SECONDARY_SECTION', ' - ');

// Define Tertiary Section Output
    define('TERTIARY_SECTION', ', ');

// Define divider ... usually just a space or a comma plus a space
    define('METATAGS_DIVIDER', ' ');

// Define which pages to tell robots/spiders not to index
    // This is generally used for account-management pages or typical SSL pages, and usually doesn't need to be touched.
    define('ROBOTS_PAGES_TO_SKIP','login,logoff,create_account,account,account_edit, account_history,account_history_info,account_newsletters,account_notifications,a ccount_password,address_book,advanced_search,advanced_search_result,checkout_suc cess,checkout_process,checkout_shipping,checkout_payment,checkout_confirmation,c ookie_usage,create_account_success,contact_us,download,download_timeout,customer s_authorization,down_for_maintenance,password_forgotten,time_out,unsubscribe,inf o_shopping_cart,popup_image,popup_image_additional,product_reviews_write,ssl_che ck');

// favicon setting
    // There is usually NO need to enable this unless you need to specify a path and/or a different filename
    // define('FAVICON','favicon.ico');

?>

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

You've deleted all kinds of content. Why?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in \includes\languages\english\met

i dont know !!!
    im so new and now and again do a mishap.

i am trying at the moment to do metataks and keyords and have went a bit off track on this one! keep getting errors, and cant get it back to normal again. ...

can you help??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in \includes\languages\english\met

If you've mussed it up and don't know why, put back the original copy of the file and start again.

Related FAQ articles:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=95
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=93
    and more

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

WOWEEEEE PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT !! GOT IT SORTED
    thanks for your support !

Plugin Contributions

oh no i havent

Is there somewhere in Zen I can get a new file to replace the one I have mucked up ??

I cant get it back to original. And dont find a copy of it

Thank you in advance
    Kris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Go to www.zen-cart.com -- there's a download link there for the latest version of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

thanks,
    please ignore my ignorance in this.....

if i download a copy, will this completely wipe out what I have alrady done to my site?

www.jewellerysensations.com

or can I just copy and past the file I need

cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you download the file, you'll have the zip file on your PC.
    Then you can unzip it to someplace on your PC where you can view the files.
    Then you can copy the file and use your FTP program to upload it to your server.