Plugin Contributions

Default Getting Blank Pages

Made an account on my website and tested a few things out. Half the time I'd click on something and it would give me a blank page.

D2West.com

Anytime I would click on a category I would receive a blank page, anytime I added an item to the shopping cart, etc.

Created the local folder, put in the configuration.php, etc. Every error I received at most was just a warning, nothing fatal. Kind of stumped from here. Hoping you guys can help.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting Blank Pages

Search the tutorials and this forum for blank page
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

If you've followed this FAQ Entry, have installed the debug utility and that's where you're seeing the warnings, then please tell us what they are (though do read them first - amazing how many time people just post them here, when the answer they're looking for is right there already).

If you're seeing them somewhere else, then please be specific about where and what they're saying.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Alright so I turned debug mode on... all errors are public now, but for example when clicking on a link such as a product I get these errors.

Notice: Constant OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS already defined in /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php:52) in /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Notice: Constant TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS already defined in /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 69

Notice: Constant TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY already defined in /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 73

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php:52) in /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

Notice: Object of class queryFactoryResult could not be converted to int in /home/dtwowest/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 19

Warnings I ended up testing out and modifying, and ended up getting them fixed but still had the same problem so I restored to the original PHP files.

For example when I went into email_extras.php and went to line 52 it was a blank line. Deleted it and than refreshed and got a new error which was related to line php:101 in email_extras again which showed this:

define('OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS', 'Disabled');
    Last edited by Silk; 15 Feb 2010 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Alright so I turned debug mode on... all errors are public now, but for example when clicking on a link such as a product I get these errors.
    ALL of those errors are a result of the first "NOTICE" message, which is not even an error, just a notice.

What baffles me is why you jumped to the STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING option mentioned at the END of the FAQ article, and completely skipped the debug-logging-utility mentioned earlier, which would have given you far more useful and relevant information.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.