Plugin Contributions

Default Copying hyperlinked text results in pasted absolute URL w/ admin folder

Not sure where this fits so, trying here. It's a duplicating text issue. I've just discovered something odd with hyperlinks, copy and paste.

I have many pages where I have to duplicate text and hyperlinks (such as a general text with a hyperlink to a color chart) in the product description.

I use a relative hyperlink to the appropriate page.

I'll go into admin to edit the product, copy the portion of the Product Description that I need and then edit the new product and paste in the text.

Now, when I edit the product to copy the hyperlinked text, it copies as an Absolute hyperlink with my Admin folder in the path. So, when I go to edit another product and paste into the product description, the hyperlink pastes in as an Absolute hyperlink with my Admin folder in the URL.

Example:
    I copy my hyperlinked text which for this example is:
    COLOR CHART (the URL is: <a href="index.php?main_page=page&id=2" title="Color Chart"> )

I go to paste the text in the new product's product description and it pastes in as:
    COLOR CHART (the URL changes to: <a href="http://mydomain.com/zcart/MyAdminFolder/index.php?main_page=page&id=2" title="Color Chart">Color Chart</a>

This of course makes my admin folder known if you look at the products that have hyperlinks in the product description.

I can go in and edit the product text and change it to a relative URL and remove my admin folder and it stays that way just fine.

Any ideas or something I am doing wrong with copying product descriptions with hyperlinks? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copying hyperlinked text results in pasted absolute URL w/ admin folder

Just thought I would update an old post with a resolution.

For those that are experiencing this behavior and happen to stumble upon this post...

The fix is to stop using HTMLarea and install FCKeditor. The problem as I described is non-existent when using FCKeditor.