Plugin Contributions

Default check out error XAMPP

Hi all I am setting up a home biz for my fiancee and have zen cart 1.3.8 installed and would like your help. I am running this on XAMPP latest full version.

The problem i am having is being able to checkout with either paypal buttons or the checkout feature within zencat itself.

with the PayPal I get, a 404 error https://kblah.ath.cx/index.php?main_...ckout_shipping

With the standard check out button

It directs me to my xampp security page??? for login.

Any clues or directions on How tio fix either would be helpful.

White

Ps. thus far searching the forums has not been remotely helpful.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: check out error

I believe this may be because SSL will work on a local install. It's been awhile since I used XAMPP, but I recall that SSL will not work; for obvious reasons...

Check your config files and make sure you installed ZC with SSL set to 'false.' [You'd want to change this when you go live obviously.]

Plugin Contributions

I want thank you for the reply. I will check this. and I will reply back with my findings... The only thing that sucks is not have a second party be able to review it because I am doing this on my own without... any actual formal training on any of this stuff. Kinda sucks bad.

Plugin Contributions

I'd suggest you spend a (very) few bucks for hosting and put your site online. That way, you'll be able to test SSL, and, more importantly, will have hundreds of 'second parties' here on the forums who can see what you're doing and help out.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, definitely get your site online. You won't be able to test everything on a local install.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by khopek View Post
    Yes, definitely get your site online. You won't be able to test everything on a local install.
    I will be getting a business line installed soon so that I may use the server here so that I can maintain it myself for a time...

Would it be necessary to Separate it from the local network and have it on an independent line for instead of using a gateway (router)? As I can see a gateway configuration as a means to inhibit proper testing if so I have the means to test that now.

White

Thanks.Again.

I will give you the site to go to soon.

Plugin Contributions

No, sorry, you should never try to host your own server, in my opinion. You may get away with it for testing, but trying to operate a online store using a home server on an Internet connection never works.

My host charges $4 a month for a hosting account that would serve very well for a startup (and bigger) Zencart store. Professional hosting is the way to go, even for testing. Just my $.02 worth.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    No, sorry, you should never try to host your own server, in my opinion. You may get away with it for testing, but trying to operate a online store using a home server on an Internet connection never works.

My host charges $4 a month for a hosting account that would serve very well for a startup (and bigger) Zencart store. Professional hosting is the way to go, even for testing. Just my $.02 worth.
    Well, I do not plan on it staying on a home server for long... Also I do not plan on staying with only a Business connection. Bigger things are planned for this in the future. Thats why I am gonna try to learn as much as I can about it now.

http://krazykatscollections.ath.cx

I know no .com yet but it will come.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: check out error XAMPP

I have been searching for a website like this in the field I am interested in. I am a big fan. I was thinking about creating my own blog about similar ideas for like-minded people. Some good ideas here. Thanks, I can only hope mine turns out as good as this one