Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express error

Ok, I just added the cURL proxy to my site to make sure that there is two way comunication to not allow people to check out with more items than are available. However, now when i click the paypal express button...i get this error

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (7) couldn't connect to host
    my hosting company said that
    https://secure75.inmotionhosting.com...in_handler.php
    would be correct.
    Is this right?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express error

Quote Originally Posted by kenny724 View Post
    (7) couldn't connect to host
    That means that your server cannot connect to PayPal in order to do the transaction. Your hosting company will have to resolve the problem which is preventing your store from making CURL connection attempts over SSL to PayPal's servers. Usually the firewall is the first place to start. Then the OpenSSL configuration. But, those are things a good hosting company will know already.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They aren't too bright at inmotionhosting. I had the cURL proxy correct as I thought, they verified it. I told them that is was their server...they swore up and down it wasn't. So I posted on here. Oh well, cURL proxy i guess really doesn't matter b/c it still communicates with my shopping cart which is what i needed.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are many other hosts out there who are a little brighter. Something to consider next time a payment comes due ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That means that your server cannot connect to PayPal in order to do the transaction. Your hosting company will have to resolve the problem which is preventing your store from making CURL connection attempts over SSL to PayPal's servers. Usually the firewall is the first place to start. Then the OpenSSL configuration. But, those are things a good hosting company will know already.
    I have this problem as well "(7) couldn't connect to host" this is the message send to my email address after trying to buy something using PayPal, I cannot go through the checkout section, this is the message:
    "An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (7) couldn't connect to host"

I contacted Hostgator they have been very helpful working on the curl, the firewall, they also told me that Port 80 is open; everything it's fine from there side.

Could you figure out what might be the problem if it's not the host company.

I appreciate your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What does the curltester.php test tell you? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65680

Plugin Contributions

The curltester shows an IP address different from the one in my hosting address is that normal?

Thank you DrByte for your reply.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by budy View Post
    The curltester shows an IP address different from the one in my hosting address is that normal?

Thank you DrByte for your reply.
    I'm not sure I understand your question.
    What's the URL to access your curltester.php file?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I finally sorted this problem out, there were two things which have to be put in place. In the PayPal side to remove all previous postage calculations, and in the admin side in configuration / My store / cURL proxy status to false.

Now this may seem a bit silly after all. Well I'd like to thank you for trying to help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, I finally sorted this problem out, there were two things which have to be put in place. In the PayPal side to remove all previous postage calculations
    That's only necessary if you're using Website Payments Standard.
    Express Checkout ignores any postage rules you've configured in your PayPal account.
    and in the admin side in configuration / My store / cURL proxy status to false.
    Yes, that's right. It's very rare to need a CURL proxy anymore. In fact, it was only ever GoDaddy who ever needed it, and that was just one of their many stupid hosting ideas. At least they've corrected that one, even though they have many more to fix.