Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Related Products

Where is the "'add on' plugin from JOE" located?

Plugin Contributions

is anyone still supporting this add on? I've attempted to upload it numerous times into 1.5.1 and each time my product pages are not showing any data in admin. In fact, I get the error "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." This wasn't happening until after I uploaded the optional files from pickupman. I've modified the tpl_product_info_display.php with the code referencing the related products, and I've made sure it is in my custom template folder. Before adding the optional files, I followed advice from JOE and added my products_family column in mySQL database. I added a couple of product family names, but when going to the live site, an error shows up, "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again," and I assume it is appearing where the related products would show up. I tried to go into my admin and add a new product. When doings so, I can see the product fields (which are not visible when trying to modify an existing product), but when I try to "insert" the product, I get an error.

Does anybody have an idea of what I am doing wrong? I'd really like to get this to work. Another thing, when I download the files from pickupman, the readme is in a different format, .md, so I have not been able to actually read it. I downloaded an evaluation copy of Mayura Draw (I'm assuming that's what .md files are?) but it won't open the readme.

Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

OK, I found part of the problem...in my database, I incorrectly named the new column "product_family" instead of "products_family." Once I made that change, things started showing up both in admin and in my live site. I'm still, however, not seeing the configuration tab in Product Info. In fact, when installing the plugin, I never saw the "install button" on my Admin page, so while I'm almost 100% functional, something is still missing. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using zencart 1.5.1
    phpMyAdmin 3.5.5

Plugin Contributions

Ravi,

I'm using Zen Cart v1.5.5e
    PHP Version: 5.6.30 (Zend: 2.6.0)

I uploaded Related Products v15x from the Latest Version link in Zen Cart on 06/10/2018 (today).

I was able to successfully upload and create relationships in the Related Products Manager, but the related products are not showing up on my site when I navigate to the products.

Your instructions say to update "tpl_product_info_default.php" with the code quoted below, but I couldn't find that file. Instead, I found "tpl_product_info_display.php," and found the code already there. The "..._default" could not be found in the /includes/templates/template_default/templates/ folder either where you suggested to go to copy it.

This is the code referred to:

<?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_related_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_related_products.php');?>,
    I recently had someone upgrade my site to the latest version of Zen Cart, and we migrated to a new URL. I wanted to continue using Related Products. I used Related Products before very successfully, and it was the version that had the "products family" defined in the product info page. I'm not sure if that code carried over to my current site, maybe that's why I found the code already in the "..._display" file. In the version I was using, there was a field in the product info page for "Product Family," and that's where I was adding notations for related products. That version worked great for me. In this new version, it seems that functionality is lost. It seems to me having to look up every relationship and create it takes more time then simply adding a notation in the product info page. Nevertheless, I just need the functionality to work.

So, my question is, should the fact that the code is in the "..._display" file instead of the "..._default" file make a difference? The bottom line is how do I get my products to show up? Perhaps you can direct me to check other things within my site.

Thanks for your time to address this concern.

~ Frank

Plugin Contributions

Ravi,

Here is what I found in the file "tpl_product_info_display.php." I had the Cross Sell Module put in, too, but it's not working either. I am showing it here because I was wonder if the two are conflicting with each other?

<!--bof xsell module -->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_xsell_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_xsell_products.php'); ?>
    <!--eof xsell module -->

<!--bof also related products module-->

<?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_related_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_related_products.php');?>

<!--eof also related products module-->

Plugin Contributions

Hi Is there a demo that I can see how this add-on works on the front end?

I am working for someone who like to add storage units to their desks and I need to be sure before proceeding.

many thanks in advance
    Debbie Harrison
    DVH Design | Web Design blog

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharrison View Post
    Hi Is there a demo that I can see how this add-on works on the front end?

I am working for someone who like to add storage units to their desks and I need to be sure before proceeding.

many thanks in advance
    I use it on my needlework site; see this page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I use it on my needlework site; see this page.
    How did make the related product show in one raw? my tsting site is showing them in one product in each row.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TamyA View Post
    How did make the related product show in one raw? my tsting site is showing them in one product in each row.
    To my recollection (it's been 6+ years!), nothing! The "Related Products" output block is created using the same formatting as the new/special/featured blocks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have used this software and it works fine and does what we want. However there seems to be a maximum limit of how many groups you can allocate to a product.

For example, we have 8 desks where the related products are two storage units and a saddle chair. the related products work for the first 5 but for the remaining 3 desks these related products are simply ignored. How can i resolve this?

Please I welcome any advice.
    Debbie Harrison
    DVH Design | Web Design blog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast