Plugin Contributions

Default How to generate a categories drop down menu on the same line as the menu page links?

I'm customizing a zen cart shopping cart using a template skin from Template Monster. I would like to be able to change the links into buttons which lead to a service page, about us page, etc.

What file do I look for to change out the links to replace with buttons?
    Or do I need to turn on something within the admin section? If so what am I looking for?

Currently I have the left sidebox on where Categories are displayed. Which is okay as is, but I would like to also have Categories as a drop down menu when hovered or chosen in the header. Any suggestions on how I can do this?

Many thanks for helping in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to generate a categories drop down menu on the same line as the menu page lin

These sorts of questions are best directed at Template Monster support.

Their templates are usually very heavily customized - so much so that it often very difficult to assess (at a glance) how they are structured.

There are modules in the FREE ADD ONS section that will give you the effect you seek, but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT if you will be able to add these effects to a Template Monster template.

The FREE ADD ONS are designed to interface with a clean, fresh, unadulterated install of zencart.

You will find that adding many extra functions to your TM template, very difficult, or even impossible.

Good luck with TM support... They are not known to be co-operative.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to generate a categories drop down menu on the same line as the menu page lin

The answer is within the files, I know that one of the Zenners have come across this. I am just trying to find the right direction using a different terminology that I am still learning.

Thank you in advance.