Plugin Contributions

Default Google Base Issue Email

Recieved the following email this morning from google base.

--------------------

Hello,

Today we’ve implemented a feature in Google Merchant Center that requires you to take action.

To ensure your account is the only account authorized to submit product listings for your website, we’ve made the requirements for the website URL registered in your Google Merchant Center settings a bit stricter.

We’re asking you to verify and claim the website URL in your Merchant Center account by visiting Google Webmaster Tools and following a simple procedure that ensures you are authorized for the website in question. After completing the verification process, you’ll need to click the ‘claim’ button on the General settings page in your Merchant Center account to complete this process.

Until you verify and claim your website URL, you’ll receive a warning each time you upload your items. After eight weeks, this requirement will be mandatory and your uploaded items will be disapproved if you haven’t verified and claimed your website URL.

Learn how to verify and claim a URL at http://google.com/support/merchants/...?answer=176793

We appreciate your understanding as we work to deliver a better quality service to both you and our users.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Issue Email

We also received an email, yesterday, and this morning I tried to see what needed to be done. Followed directions, and at first it seemed to be working as advertised, but then I found that sometimes they thought my sites were verified, and sometimes they didn't .... also got a message along the lines of "hmm ... there seems to be something wrong, try back later" and one that "there appears to be an internal error, try back later".

Plugin Contributions

its a simple fix.... basically you need to have you google base and varified your site though webmaster tool from the same account..... so you may need to contact your webdesigner to allow the upload of the google site varification file so you can verifiy the site your address and not the web designers.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, kitcorsa ... it looks like the playing field has changed ... today I went to webmaster tools and managed to verify the sites without a lot of effort. However, when going to the merchant center to claim the URLs, the entry under General setting says

Verify this URL - Unclaimed

instead of

Verify this URL - Claim Your URL

Apparently this is happening to others as well, and most of the morning has been spent trying to find out what's causing this without a lot of progress.

Any input from anyone would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Finally managed to get my other URLs claimed. The problem was that for 3 of them, I was signed on with the email for that Google Base account, but that email wasn't a verified user for the URL in Webmaster Central.
    Get into your Webmaster Central account, and each of the additional URLs should show up. Click on 'Verified' under the Verification column to bring up Verification Details Page
    Click on 'Verification details' link at top left to bring up Verification Home Page
    There should be a list of the URLs you own with a 'Verification details' link for each at the right of the page.
    For each URL you want to claim, click on that link to bring up a different 'Verification details' page where, at the bottom, is a list of the verified users for the account. If the email address you used to sign into your Google Base account isn't there, add it as a new user. Now sign in to your Google Base account, and the 'Unclaimed' should now say 'Claim this URL'.
    Worked for me three times out of three.