Plugin Contributions

Default How to set my prices based on My Cost instead of the list Price?

I have over 10,000 products on my site. They are currently listed at the wholesaler's list price which is not a competitive price and may be anywhere from 300% of my cost to just 5% of my cost. I can go to catalog/Quick Updates and modify the prices of 320 items at a time + or - % of the list price but that does me no good when the list price varies such a large % from my cost price. If I did it this way then some products will be priced below my cost price while others remain far overpriced.

I need to modify the prices + a certain % of the my cost price not the completely inconsistent list price that the wholesaler provides.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Please Help...Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to set my prices based on My Cost instead of the list Price?

Because of the large variance in list price you would need to base your own retail pricing wholly and solely upon your cost price + your set margin. That's ok if you only have a small number of items, but once you get into the 100's or even 1000's of items then it's a L O N G process - not feasable

You may want to think along these lines (and I would not have the slightest clue about the actual coding):

Get a wholesale price list in Excel or similar format. If (and only if) your wholesale price list has one parameter in common with your own ZC catalog (DB table) then you could write a chunk of SQL coding and import the wholesale prices into your DB. Then you would need to create another piece of coding that multiplies all your imported w/s prices with your margin, the end result being that your desired retail prices are displayed in the store.

Someone might have a better idea - I am sure

Frank