Plugin Contributions

Default a month, reading, rearranging and still nothing!!

First off I would like to put it out there that I am very much computer illiterate.

I have read so much I have nightmares about Zen Cart. I have done everything as they are instructed to do, or as I am understanding it, and still a month later I have not came any closer to actually getting my site up and out.

I registered with a host company because it was suppose to be so "EASY" ok so they lied.
    If I said " you have Pseudomembranous colitis ,caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile. Confirmed by ELISA we will get you started on Vanc IV and nexium. Now that I understand how bout you?! That is how I feel reading all these computer things.

Anyway due to health issues I am attempting to open this "store" but this program is kicking my ########.

CAN anyone PLEASE WALK me through this in small simple words

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: a month, reading, rearranging and still nothing!!

First off, what have you accomplished so far? Have you gotten Zen Cart installed? Can we have a link to see what you have, and a description of the first major sticking point? Also a general description of what you want would be helpful in guiding you.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to redundant but you need to start with a GOOD host, such as the ones in the header of this website.

If your goal is to launch a website without any modifications, which I highly recommend (if you are as you claim computer illiterate). You have 2 options to install the software.
    Option A: follow the guide in the zen cart downloaded file
    Option B: use the auto install function found in most GOOD hoster Cpanel.

Apply all security patches. You can hire a developer or ask your Host to do it for you, I think Camelot will do that for Free if you ask.

Work on building a structure of your website which ever it is. Draw that on a piece of paper. How you want your categories, your products and the flow of the site.

Don't bother too much with changing the function of the current software it works great the way it is . Or build an exotic template. Once you start making money, you can hire someone to do it for you.

Plugin Contributions

The site came with every thing loaded, well Zen Cart anyway. I have had to go in and set the pics up. For every one thing I can get right 3 more go wrong.

I cant get pics to show up on my front page, I have yet to figure out how to actually do any downloads to zen cart ie from other manufacturers. I found were to put the label for them just not sure how to add anything. My page went from everything showing on the page to having to scroll to the right to see the entire page.
    http://www.moniannselegance.com

Thanks again for any help you can give me..

Plugin Contributions

I am not familiar with TurnKey websites. You might want to address your questions to whom ever you bought the site from.

You can buy the Zen Cart Ebook found in the top of this page and read it through to learn the basic of adding products.

Plugin Contributions

The horizontal scroll thing can be easily fixed in the stylesheet. #mainWrapper is set to a width of 1600px now. If you can change it, try 980px. Do you have an FTP program, and do you know how to use it?

We can't see much of anything else with the site down for maintenance.