Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need to setup products like this..........tried grid but not working

Hi, I am new and this is my 2nd site setup with zen cart. My new site needs to have varioys sizes and qtys for a few products on 1 page.
    So for example my Roman Glass Jars need a 5 oz and 10 oz size and need to be available x 1, x 12, and x 48.
    I attached 2 other sites so show how I need something similar.
    I have tried the grid addon but am getting no where.I need something like this here
    or a bit better looking here
    I am using v 1.3.8
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to setup products like this..........tried grid but not working

There is module called Column Divider Pro which works with the Column Divider Grid, which I presume you are using. Divider Pro will allow you to determine how many columns per row; making your display a lot nicer looking.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to setup products like this..........tried grid but not working

I have that add on installed also and have read and re read the setup procedures but my display looks like this here
    TERRIBLE - I cannot seem to get the attributes to work correctly or the images.
    And I cannot get another lines or dividers to show.

Plugin Contributions

i made a few minor modifications to the php to end up with a result like this:

http://www.misteek.com.au/index.php?...=index&cPath=2

may not be your cup of tea, but it was very simple. will post details if you're interested, just don't tell the site owner, she's a friend of my wifes and looks like a competitor of yours : )

Plugin Contributions

Hi thanks for the reply. I think I have emailed Misteek!
    I am actually looking into setting up a candle supplies business - so no competition but perhaps I can be her supplier!!!lol
    Yes I like what you have done in that site. I am looking for something slightly different - see my first post there are 2 links on there but if you could give me the changes you made that would be great and I will see if it works.
    I just dont know what I am doing wrong.

Plugin Contributions

So can anyone help? Please.

Plugin Contributions

might take me a couple of days, quite busy but i'll try to summarise the changes for you and post them here. sorry, just busy and this will take an hour or two.

:)

Plugin Contributions

Thats ok - dont worry about it - please dont spend the time - I am working on another plan!!!!
    Hopefully it will work.
    If I have a pre designed table grid ie with padding etc and the look I want where would I add it in css so that when the grid is used it shows up as the customised grid ?????
    Last edited by aliali81; 7 Apr 2010 at 01:32 AM.

Plugin Contributions

this question is a bit vague for me to answer directly, so a few questions first:

1) i assume you know the location of your main css file/files, and that you're simply referring to the location within those files?
    you can place your css pretty much anywhere within these files. just remember that values further on into the file take precedence of values at the beginning if there is a conflict or duplicate

2) the predisgned table/grid - was it copied from another zencart implementation?
    if not, the id's and class names will probably not match, so not only will you need to add css, you may need to modify other values and / or remove some as well

Plugin Contributions

....i forgot to mention, the table / grid you're referring to will invariably require you to modify some php files as well. it sounds like you are trying to avoid this, so realistically speaking i don't think you're going to get away with this without getting your hands dirty in some php at some stage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast