Default Is there a way to bypass Product Preview Screen?

We spend a lot of time entering and updating products in the database. In an attempt to reduce mouse clicks and streamline steps I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass the Preview panel which appears after you've entered or updated a Product Definition.

When I'm on the product definition panel, if I'm in any field except the description field, hitting the 'Enter' key on the keyboard is the same as selecting the 'Preview' pushbutton.

This takes me to the Preview screen where I now have to use my mouse to select the 'Update' pushbutton. I would really like to hit 'Enter' on my keyboard and have it select the Update pushbutton, or ideally, a way to just blow by the Preview screen altogether.

Other ideas on how to do this would be appreciated.

If someone has a paid mod solution please send me a PM.

Thank you!
    Kathy
    www.pinkchalkfabrics.com - cloth, pattern + tool for modern sewists
    ZC version 1.3.9h, Simple Category Tree, Super Orders

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a way to bypass Product Preview Screen?

Hi,

I'm also really concerned about this. Im so surprised your post has gone unanswered for so long.

Especially for shops with thousands or perhaps tens of thousands of products a savings of 10 seconds per product preview could translate to whole days saved adding items!!!

I tried to play with the code in admin/product.php which I figured controls that add/edit products page, I tried to insert an Update button in the first screen where only Preview button is currently available- needless to say I made a mess of it...

This is really upto the developers, Dr Byte and such to step forward and help us with this since this isn't a front page modification but the actual modification of the Zen Cart program code at its core.

Also would there be a way to add products in bulk through a spreadsheet or something like that (same kind of idea as ebay Turbo Lister)??

Any thoughts or brainstorming would be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Search the Free Software Add Ons for 'easy populate'.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!
    Any particular one you would recommend, there are so many

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried Easy Populate? This enables you to upload all of your products via a spreadsheet. I often have small problems and have to add the images afterwards, which is probably something that I am doing.

I agree that a way to bypass product preview would save time.

Hi,

I'm also really concerned about this. Im so surprised your post has gone unanswered for so long.

Especially for shops with thousands or perhaps tens of thousands of products a savings of 10 seconds per product preview could translate to whole days saved adding items!!!

I tried to play with the code in admin/product.php which I figured controls that add/edit products page, I tried to insert an Update button in the first screen where only Preview button is currently available- needless to say I made a mess of it...

This is really upto the developers, Dr Byte and such to step forward and help us with this since this isn't a front page modification but the actual modification of the Zen Cart program code at its core.

Also would there be a way to add products in bulk through a spreadsheet or something like that (same kind of idea as ebay Turbo Lister)??

Any thoughts or brainstorming would be appreciated [/QUOTE]

Plugin Contributions

YES! thank you thanks to Stevesh and now you!
    Silver Jewellery

RESPECT to the Zen Cart Team, I'm PERFECTLY Zenned!