Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Errors - NOT recognizing Filled-in Fields?

Ver 1.3.8a

I am trying, instead of website pro, a notice in the purchase page tellingm users they can still use PayPal withotu a PayPal account. All they need to do is look for the "Don't have a PayPal account" to the left of the PayPal LOGIN box and they will get a page to input their credit card info.

UNfortunately the ZEN PayPal IPN (Standard) does NOT carry over the address and info that the customer just input into. So he has to enter his information again in the PayPal credit cardpayment box.

BUT, the main problem is when a customer does fill in these fileds, the following error results:
    Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.

Card Number: You have entered an invalid or partial credit or debit card number. Please check your entry and try again.
    Payment Type: Please select a credit card type.
    Expiration Date: Please enter a valid card expiration date.
    Card Verification Number: Please enter a valid verification number. The verification number is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. For American Express cards, the verification number is a 4-digit number printed on the front of your card.
    City, State, ZIP Code: Please enter a valid combination of City, State, and ZIP Code.
    City: Please enter a valid City.
    State: Please enter a valid State.
    ZIP Code: Please enter a valid ZIP Code.

Even though all the fields are filled in , PayPal does NOT see them, when accessed via the ZEN PayPal IPN. You can test this, without completing an order on the site below:

www.cvtreasures.com

Just select PayPal as payment option, then when in PayPal select CONTINUE under "Don't have a PayPal Account"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Errors - NOT recognizing Filled-in Fields?

Those are issues occurring ON the PayPal website. As such, you need to take up those concerns with PayPal directly.
    You can contact them yourself via whatever means you prefer.
    Their online ticket system is at: www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Those are issues occurring ON the PayPal website. As such, you need to take up those concerns with PayPal directly.
    You can contact them yourself via whatever means you prefer.
    Their online ticket system is at: www.paypal.com/mts
    I see where the error message is PayPal related. BUT, what about the customer data just entered on the Zen Payment page, NOT "moving over" to the PayPal payment page?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The data *is* passed. What PayPal does with it is something you'll have to take up with them.
    I've seen it happen a few times.
    Try clearing your browser cookies so it takes you to that page directly, (ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=29) and see if it makes any difference. Be sure to tell PayPal that difference when you report the problem to them.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help

Plugin Contributions

PayPal just reponded with this:

"Hello ,

thank you for contacting MTS Technical Service.

There seems to be a problem with your PayPal Zen Module. You need to contact ZEN Cart or look in a Forum for a suitable solution as we do not develop these Modules.

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
    Patrick"

I did refresh after entering the PayPal checkout but still is at my business page loaded by the IPN. I am not sure how to get to this page by bypassing the IPN in order to test independent of IPN. .

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmc3 View Post
    I did refresh after entering the PayPal checkout but still is at my business page loaded by the IPN. I am not sure how to get to this page by bypassing the IPN in order to test independent of IPN. .
    I'm completely confused by whatever you were trying to say there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm completely confused by whatever you were trying to say there.
    Sorry, what I meant was I "cleared" the cache and deleted cookies. But, I re-read the doc you sent me and tried FireFox and it resolved the Paypal errors about filled in fields NOT being filled in. Thanks.

On my other question, is there anyway to have this info on the PayPal "No PayPal account" page, fill in from the Zen Checkout page where they already input their address, etc?