How's that for alliteration? ;)

Prior to upgrade, I had 1.3.8a. The Reviews sidebox was in play and behaving perfectly. It was set to display one review at a time, and to rotate up to 100 reviews.

Post upgrade, it seems every review ever written is being shown in the box, untruncated. The only thing not appearing is the customer's name who wrote it. I didn't check to see if that's a new change. In any case, I'd like it to behave again, as far as how many reviews should be showing. My index page is quite long now, to say the least! ;)

I can't seem to find where it's instructed to display one review in the box. So I toggled the max value rotation setting instead. To no avail. I've also checked reviews.php and tpl_reviews_random, but I don't see anything glaring that jumps out at me, except possibly MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_REVIEWS in reviews.php (line 31) needs to be defined somewhere. I tried to reduce the "60" in tpl_random_reviews to fix the truncation, but that didn't seem to make a difference. I also removed what looked like an extra dash right after the 60 and before the next <br> (line 16). That didn't make a difference either.

Out of ideas. TIA for any help! :)