Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 3d Secure and cardinal centinel

I have installed version 1.39a and I am going through paypal
    registering for 3d secure with cardinal centinel on this link

https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/3Dsecure.asp

There are 2 issues:

1) It does not list zencart 1.39a as an option but it does list version 1.38a (US)

So I have choosen other or should I choose version 1.38a

2) It asks for Custom PayPal Integration
    and the options are
    • paypal api soap/nvp

• paypal flow sdk

• unknown

As I don't not know which it is I have chosen unknown

Should any of these have an affect on getting registered and setting up zencart with 3d secure.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 3d Secure and cardinal centinel

Cardinal hasn't updated their site yet.

In the meantime, select the latest Zen Cart version listed.

And if needed, choose PayPal API NVP as the integration choice.

Further questions about available options should be directed to Cardinal Commerce directly, or to PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply.
    I filled the information as shopping cart other and intergration
    method unknow.
    Cardinal setup the account and contacted me to confirm
    which shopping cart software I was using.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Cardinal hasn't updated their site yet.

In the meantime, select the latest Zen Cart version listed.

And if needed, choose PayPal API NVP as the integration choice.

Further questions about available options should be directed to Cardinal Commerce directly, or to PayPal.
    There are obviously some communication problems here I contacted cardinal today and they told me that zencart hadn't released the 3d secure module and so they had no information on setting up. not very helpful I have told them it is available but have had no reply.

Plugin Contributions

I've gone through the registration at cardinal and received my email with my username from them.
    But now I don't know what to do.
    The email is quite vague.
    I've enabled maestro in my zen admin Configuration | Credit Cards and tried a test purchase using my own Maestro card and I get the message in Red at checkout saying..

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the credit card you entered is not one that we accept. Please use a different credit card or verify that the details you entered are correct, or contact the store owner for assistance.

Should I have a payment module to integrate cardinal 3d secure?

I'm stuck.

Nedward

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Cardinal 3D-Secure is only integrated with PayPal Website Payments Pro for UK merchants. You'll need that module enabled to use it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, I see it now.
    I enabled PayPal Website Payments Pro but didn't see the cardinal stuff until I just went back in there.

Will add my username and try again,
    thanks

Ned
    Last edited by Nedward; 24 Apr 2010 at 08:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post
    Here is my email from them
    [FONT=Arial]Congratulations,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]You have successfully been registered with the Cardinal Centinel® payments service. Attached, please find your Merchant Welcome Package. The Welcome Package is a desktop guide, which will answer questions you might have as you get started. The User Guide, which will help you navigate the application, is available for download.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]I. Please review the Welcome Package and the Integration Overview first. You will need to run several test transactions prior to moving into production. You have unlimited use of the test environment for one month after registration. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Test Environment: https://centineltest.cardinalcommerce.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Username: ############
    Password: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]###########[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]II. &nb sp; [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Please feel free to schedule an Implementation Kickoff Meeting with our Merchant Support team. You can contact your Account Representative or email Merchant Support directly at implement AT cardinalcommerce DOT com. This meeting will assist you with any of the initial business and technical issues that need to be understood to successfully implement Cardinal Centinel.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]III. Once completing test transactions, you will need to use this information for transactional messages:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Processor ID: ############
    Merchant ID: ###############[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Production URL: https://paypal.cardinalcommerce.com/maps/txns.asp [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]IV. You have also been set up as a user in the CardinalCommerce Support Site, where you can direct all technical queries. The Merchant Administration Manager Site may be used for profile changes and to access reporting. Your username and password are the same for both these sites:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Support URL:[/FONT]</span>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    It justs ends like above, did I lose some of the email?
    I can't speak to whether they had a problem sending you the email.
    But, I can tell you that ALL of the things that you quoted there are *already* built-in to Zen Cart v1.3.9a, which is already set in production mode. There is no need to use the test or implementation steps.
    You probably don't even need the attachment document they talked about.

Cardinal can give you more detailed instructions, but basically you just need to enter your Cardinal username and password into your Zen Cart PayPal Website Payments Pro module, and go.
    Cardinal may have some settings to tweak on their end.
    But they've said they will handle all the support questions about their service directly.

Plugin Contributions

I've filled in the relevant username and password, but when I try to checkout, I still get the Red Box, saying We apologize for the inconvenience, but the credit card you entered is not one that we accept. Please use a different credit card or verify that the details you entered are correct, or contact the store owner for assistance.

I see this upon clicking the Continue Checkout button.

Nedward

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Upon further investigation, it appears that your card is being treated as a Switch card. With Switch and Maestro being swallowed up together of late, it's probably best to enable both of them in Admin->Configuration->Credit Cards. I'd suggest enabling Solo as well to maximize convenience for your potential customers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast