Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping Problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem that I am hoping someone can give me the correct advice on what I should be doing to correct it.

The problem is that I have new equipment on my website and also spare parts. What I offer my customers is free shipping when they spend over $350 on spare parts only.

The problem is with the shipping module it only allows free shipping on either weight or amount which means if some one buys new equipment that is over $350 they would be getting free freight which I don't want give on new items. I would end up loosing because of the shipping dimensions whereas spare parts can get up to the $350 + amount and the shipping dimensions are a lot less.

I need to know how I can separate the spare parts and equipment in order to offer the free shipping on spare parts alone.

Any help to sort this out would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Problem

Had a similar issue and could never resolve it through the admin. Ended up going a different direction, but thought this mod showed promise. ( Mine was sale over $25.00 or weight over 700lbs.)
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=635

Good Luck
    Dalton
    Skin that 'un pilgrim, and I'll bring ya' another.
    Running 1.3.9h with a few mods here

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Problem

Thanks Dalton for the information about the mod but I did look at that and thought it would not do what I wanted it to do that is why I posted here to see if someone could lead me in the right direction.

What I was thinking was that for all my spare parts I would put them under products - spare parts and have the new equipment just under products to try and separate the two so that I could then have free freight on spare parts only but I must be looking at it too hard to see how to work around the issue.

I will give that mod a try to see if it will do what I want but looking at the description I am not sure that it will.

Thanks again for the reply and it would be interesting if any of the moderators here had a comment on my post.