Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Manul PHP 5.3 Patch for 1.3.8a?

I'm running a couple of live sites on 1.3.8a and the list of patch files in the sticky above are pretty heavily modified on my sites.

Does anyone know of a list of manual edits for these patch files so that I don't need to use WinMerge?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manul Patch for 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a?

Does anyone know of a list of manual edits for these patch files so that I don't need to use WinMerge?
    the list of patch files in the sticky above are pretty heavily modified on my sites.
    Not knowing what mods you have, how can a list of manual patches be created?

IIf you are refering to the changed files - they are in the change log with the distribution of 1.3.9
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

WinMerge or similar is how you create the list of manual patches appropriate to your site.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

It's just that in the sticky above, I seen a list of manual patches for version 1.3.7 and wondered is there was a list of similar patches for 1.3.8a.

Plugin Contributions

It is/would be specific to the mods you have as to what would be contained and why as kuroi states you need to use a diff app to determine what they are
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    It's just that in the sticky above, I seen a list of manual patches for version 1.3.7 and wondered is there was a list of similar patches for 1.3.8a.
    limelites, you're completely misunderstanding things.

The "sticky" you're referring to talks about patches relevant to particular versions of Zen Cart.
    So, there are patches to apply to 1.3.7, if you're using 1.3.7
    There are patches to apply to 1.3.8, if you're using 1.3.8
    And (if there were any), there could be patches to apply to 1.3.9, if you're using 1.3.9.

There is no "patch" to convert you from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9. That's called an "upgrade".
    You'll find upgrade instructions in the /docs/ folder of each version of Zen Cart. They are also in the FAQs area.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, excuse me for confusing everyone here, I wrote the OP in a hurry and it's not actually what I was trying to ask at all.

I should really start again as I'm not actully needing to go to 1.3.9a, all I really need is to ensure my sites will work with PHP 5.3 when the servers are upgraded.

The manual patch I'm asking about is the one that would patch my 1.3.8a files to work on PHP 5.3.

I seen in the sticky above that there's some manual patches for 1.3.7 and was wondering if there's a similar set of manual patches for 1.3.8a?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Visit the News & Announcements section of the forum to see the announcement about the PHP 5.3 patch for 1.3.8 / 1.3.7

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Visit the News & Announcements section of the forum to see the announcement about the PHP 5.3 patch for 1.3.8 / 1.3.7
    Though, you really should consider upgrading since it contains all of the security updates and bug fixes in addition to the php5.3 changes.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Can't seem to find that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast