Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spanish Language Pack (complete and UTF8) for Zen Cart 1.39b

I am not sure where those missing items are coming from, got a screenshot or site to look at?

Plugin Contributions

Torvista,

I am not sure how to upload a screenshot, but here is an example of the text that is appearing on my Spanish login page:

¿No está registrado? Puede hacerlo aquí
    BILLING_INFO_TEXT

Clientes registrados: Entrar en su cuenta
    RETURN_CUSTOMER_TEXT
    HEADING_RETURNING_INFO E-mail:

HEADING_SHOP_CONFIDENCE
    SHOP_CONFIDENCE_TEXT
    HEADING_CUSTOMER_SERVICE

* Envío y devoluciones
    * Contáctenos

BUTTON_IMAGE_CAPTCHA_REDRAW_ALT
    TITLE_CAPTCHA TEXT_CAPTCHA
    This also occurs on my main page for the Authorize.net sidebox, which at the top says BOX_HEADING_AUTHORIZENET.

I do know how to attach a screenshot to an email. If that would help, I will try to email the screenshot(s) to you. At the moment they are saved as .png files.

I may be able to locate these with the developer's toolbox and fix one-by-one, but wanted to see if the headings were due to some install step I missed. Thanks.

Notageek

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those UPPERCASE_THINGS are called constants. They are placeholders for the text that would normally appear in those spots. Those constants are defined using "define" statements in language files.
    When you're seeing the constants showing up instead of the text that should be in their place, then that means you're missing one or more files from your server that would normally contain those definitions, or you've just plain skipped defining them.

Find the files that you skipped uploading (or which failed to upload fully), and upload them to your site, and the problem will go away.
    Same issue as described here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=95

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Are you using a template you have added to zen cart?
    ie You have not copied "classic" and created your own template using "classic" as a base?

Plugin Contributions

Torvista,

I am using Clyde Jones' Zencart_Zen template.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Do a file compare on the english language files included in your template and those of the default zen cart, I think there are extra language defines used in your template. These will not have spanish equivalents defined- you'll have to add those yourself in the corresponding files.

Plugin Contributions

Pursuant to the comments of Dr. Byte and Torvista:

1. I checked out the reference/tutorial on Constants, and then searched for them in the Developer's Toolkit, but the toolkit seemed to ignore such language and returned no results. For example, a search for "BILLING_INFO_TEXT" under "All language files for ENGLISH - Catalog/Admin" results in:
    Error: No matching Configuration Keys were found ... BILLING_INFO_TEXT
    2. I compared the includes/languages/english.php default with the includes/languages/MYTEMPLATE/english.php, made the changes to includes/languages/spanish.php using Google Translate, and saved to includes/languages/MYTEMPLATE/spanish.php.

Since the Developer's Toolbox is not returning files for Constants, it looks like I will need to compare the includes/languages/english.php for each module I added with my includes/languages/MYTEMPLATE/english.php file, one-by-one, and add the Spanish translations where needed.

3. I obtained translations from Google Translate, and they are exact translations in the spanish.php file. However, the ? is replacing letters in the translated text on the login page. For example, on the Login page I see the following text:

Para crear una cuenta, por favor, introduzca sus datos de facturaci?n y como aparece en su tarjeta de cr?dito.

los titulares de cuentas: Por favor Entrar a continuaci?n.

mi?rcoles 15 septiembre, 2010
    I did change over my cart to UTF8 by the SQL export, search and replace latin1 with UTF8, and import changed SQL file into PHPMyAdmin.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the stray ? problem. The spanish.php file does not contain the stray characters.

4. I see that some of my products have text in both the Spanish and English product boxes, but others do not. I am guessing this might be due to my having added certain products through Easy Populate after installing the Spanish language module, but I am not sure.

Does Easy Populate automatically place product descriptions in both the Spanish and English boxes, or is there a particular technique for getting the text into both the Spanish and English boxes for product descriptions?

Thanks for any comments.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

1) I assume in spanish.php you have defined setlocale for spanish
    PHP Code:
    @setlocale(LC_TIME'es_ES.UTF8');//for unix
    @setlocale(LC_TIME'Spanish_Spain.1252');//for windows 
    and the webpage encoding to utf-8
    PHP Code:
    // charset for web pages and emails
    define('CHARSET''utf-8'); 
    and
    the encoding of the spanish.php (and all spanish language files) itself is utf-8 not ANSI.

2) in your browser, if you change the page encoding from utf8 to ISO 8859 do the missing characters appear with the correct accents?

if 1) yes and 2)no, have you uploaded this to your hosting server to see if the problem is the same there?

I assume you are developing on windows and hosting on linux - I could never get the php-generated-text-with-accents (the days and months) to display correctly on windows but on linux yes.

Plugin Contributions

Torvista,

In substituting ISO_8859-1 for utf-8 for the email and web page, the ? goes away, but of course I get such things as "¿Olvidó su contraseña?" on my Windows environment WAMP server.

Looking at the includes/languages/spanish.php text more carefully, I see that it shows the coding for the accents:

define('BOX_GV_REDEEM_INFO', 'Código del cupón de descuento: ');
    On the other hand, Google Translator text must be in ANSI; in my HTML editor, it has the correct appearance rather than being in the code for the accented letters, whereas the correctly coded text not in ANSI appears correctly.

Therefore, it renders with question marks on the Zen Cart login page:

"Por favor Entrar a continuaci?n" versus "Dirección Línea 2:"

and

". . . su tarjeta de cr?dito." versus Teléfono:
    Where the HTML editor says:

"Para crear una cuenta, por favor, introduzca sus datos de facturación y como aparece en su tarjeta de crédito.
    the login page says:

"Para crear una cuenta, por favor, introduzca sus datos de facturaci�n y como aparece en su tarjeta de cr�dito."
    So I am going to guess that the text from Google Translator that appears correctly in the html editor is showing the accented characters in ANSI in the HTML editor.

If correct, I need to search for a method to translate Google Translate ANSI letters into letters with accents and apply that process to any further translations I attempt.

If the above is correct, would you have a recommendation as to the best way to translate the ANSI letters into the code which shows correctly on the web page?

I hope I have stated the above clearly.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by notageek; 16 Sep 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

1)
    Looking at the includes/languages/spanish.php text more carefully, I see..
    (I assume from the path you have given, you are not using an override of the language file, it is in this location and not actually in .../languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/spanish.php)

What TEXT editor are you using to look at these language files?

I use notepad++ which shows the encoding of the file at the bottom of the screen - it is important that this is utf-8 (without BOM) not ANSI.
    If it is utf-8, then the accented characters should be represented correctly with no strange characters, if they are not, re-type them so they are correct.

If the file is not utf-8 (without BOM), then ctrl-X everything, change the encoding to utf-8 and paste it back into the file.
    Correct any wrong characters.

Now how does it look?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast