Plugin Contributions

help question Where do I upload my custom Contact Form?

I created a Contact Us form on formmail-maker.com and it looks awesome but I don't know where to up load it to. Someone else on here said they uploaded it to the main directory? The instructions are:

You can use <iframe> to embed your web form to your html page or blog page. Here is a <iframe> example. For short, you can use the following code:

<iframe frameborder="none" src="http://www.yoursite.com/path/form.php" allowTransparency="true" style="width:480px;height:600px;border:none;"></iframe>

Please set the src, width and height as need.

It is a folder with 3 files, I'm not even sure of what path to use.

Here is my site

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I upload my custom Contact Us Form

Iframes do not generally sit well with zencart, but if you create an EZPage, and at the editor "toggle" to text (or HTML) mode, you can paste in that iframe code you describe above.

Because the Iframe will "embed" the action of the form, you don't need to move any of the additional folders this form uses - just make sure they are in the ROOT of your ZC installation.

Save the EZPage as "Contact Us", and indicate the "menu" you would like the EZPage link to appear.

I use IFRAMES on the following site URL's (EZPages)

Example One
    Example Two

These use a beautifully simple form generator called MacForm from Appnitro. This great little program will not only copy the message to you and the originator, but will write the data to its own little database.

Forms that can usually be very, very difficult to create and manage are done within a couple of minutes with MachForm, and you need absolutely no knowledge of php, html or databases...

... while it may look like I earn a commission from Appnitro, I don't. I have no association with them. I just really like the way it works and (like many people who need additional forms in ZC) have found the easiest way of creating them.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I upload my custom Contact Form?

Ok ty I am understanding a bit better now. SO I uploaded the folder to my root directory which should be home2/shopdime (it was the very 1st folder in the directory).

Now heres a silly question that hopefully someone can answer: What path should I use? I am so use to friendly urls that Zen totatally throughs me. I have created the EZ Page already its here

The new issue is after inserting the iframe theres nothing there no contact us form, only text above thats seperate..

I put this code in the <html> editor on my ez page. Where did I go wrong?

here is the code

<iframe frameborder="none" src="http://www.**********.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3" allowTransparency="true" style="width:480px;height:600px;border:none;"></iframe>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylives View Post
    Ok ty I am understanding a bit better now. SO I uploaded the folder to my root directory which should be home2/shopdime (it was the very 1st folder in the directory).
    This is the root folder of the account on your webhost server. Web pages/sites would normally be stored in home2/shopdime/public_html or home2/shopdime/www/ so this is probablt the cause of some of your issues.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylives View Post

here is the code

<iframe frameborder="none" src="http://www.**********.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3" allowTransparency="true" style="width:480px;height:600px;border:none;"></iframe>
    This is NOT the same code you posted earlier... Of course this won't work... it's not pointing to the form driver. It's pointing to the ezpage itself.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I used form-mailmaker.com and uploaded the files to my main directory, modified the embedded code to point to the form.php file and the form was inserted without any issues.

Quick and easy to use!