Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "add selected products to cart" not working after upgrade

Version 1.3.9a
    http://www.donallnagealai.ie/shop/

Go to my shop above.

Click on a product category on the left.

In some of the "Add:" boxes, change the quantity from zero to some positive number.

Click on "add selected products to cart".

Nothing is added to your cart.

Now go to an individual product and click on "add this to my cart".

The product is added to your cart as expected.

Regards

Nick Greaves

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "add selected products to cart" not working

Curious. I can't replicate the same problem on my clean fresh 1.3.9a site with no addons or template changes.

Have you tried resetting your template back to Classic?

Have you tried undoing whatever addons or customizations you've made?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This was an upgrade from 1.3.8a today.

If you go to http://www.donallnagealai.ie/shop_old/ you can play around with the old version which is complete with exactly the same customisation. This works fine, so obviously the problem is connected in some way with the upgrade.

The only addons I have are Ceon Manual Card for payment and Easy Populate.

There is minimal customisation - basically just the editing of date formats per https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=401

I also tried setting the template back to Classic as you suggested, but that made no difference.

Regards

Nick Greaves
    Last edited by nickgreaves; 27 Apr 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

All the boxes contain a '1' here, and changing the 1 to another number adds that number of that product to the cart as expected.

Plugin Contributions

OK, we need to clarify here. There are two ways the list can appear with numbers:

You can display the list with a quantity box only next to each item and an ""add selected products to cart" button at the top and/or bottom of the list, or

You can display the list with a quantity box and an "add this to my cart" button next to EACH item.

These options are selected in admin under Configuration -> Product Listing.

The former option is selected by setting "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" to 1, 2 or 3 and "Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)" to 1. This is the option that doesn't work for me.

The latter option is selected by setting "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" to 0 and "Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)" to 2. This is option works as expected for me.

I have now changed my settings to the latter as a workaround.

Regards

Nick Greaves

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I would like to know what results you encounter using a clean uncustomized 1.3.9 install.
    I'm quite certain your problem is something you've missed in your upgrade, or something inside one of your customizations.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I suppose it depends what you mean by a "clean install". You've already tested a truly clean install and it works OK for you. So if it is something to do with my customisation then a genuine clean install won't identify the problem.

Is there any debugging we can do on the current installation to try to identify the cause? As I've said, apart from creating a custom template (and I've tried setting that back to Classic) the only changes I've made are to change the date format, per the FAQ.

I've added Easy Populate and the Ceon payment module but these were working fine on the old version.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else experiences the same problem.

Regards

Nick

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    I suppose it depends what you mean by a "clean install". You've already tested a truly clean install and it works OK for you. So if it is something to do with my customisation then a genuine clean install won't identify the problem.
    Correct, but it will give insight about whether the problem is related to your server or not, vs something you've done in your files.

Plugin Contributions

You are (of course) entirely correct. It it is the logical thing to do and I don't want to sound unwilling or unhelpful.

To be honest, though, given that it will take me quite some time to put together a non-customised 1.3.8 install and then upgrade that and given that I've found alternative settings that work OK, it may be some while before I can set aside the time to test this.

In the meantime if anyone else reports a similar problem, can you post a link in this thread?

Regards

Nick

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I was simply asking if installing a clean new 1.3.9 on your server manifests the same problems.
    Then, after that, assuming the clean 139 works fine as I expect, it's up to you how much time you want to spend identifying what exactly is breaking things in your upgrade process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast