Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin - a free tool for import/mass update/reporting

Thanks mc12345678 !

Plugin Contributions

If you got it before now, your problems are addressed in this thread - from ssl errors to 1.5.4 etc. To get it originally you signed up on their website - essentially registering it. You have an account number in your config file.

Since the servers are still up, it's worth fixing your files rather than switching to ezpopulate as mc12345678 just suggested. Ezpopulate is extremely hard to use.

I just had a tweet only a few weeks ago from someone who works at Aspona and got no indication of problems. I'm thinking the website issue is temporary because they have a viable business doing other things besides this mod.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks delia. I really appreciate it. I'll run through all of these fixes again and try to get it working. To my knowledge I've tried everything in this thread, but it's not unlikely that I did something wrong.. so, I'm guessing I didn't do something correct.. ha.. I'll give it another shot.

Plugin Contributions

We have heard of it not working on some servers but I don't have any hands on experience with that.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Delia- I read your comment here:
    "Since the servers are still up, it's worth fixing your files rather than switching to ezpopulate as mc12345678 just suggested. Ezpopulate is extremely hard to use."

I guess there is something for everyone. I used apsona and liked it but found it very difficult to use, confusing. On the other hand I thought that ezpopulate was a snap. Download, change in an Excel-like program, upload, done. You can get a lot of things from apsona, but you have to fiddle with it and learn it before you get what you want. YMMV.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

Ezpopulate is very unforgiving. My clients really had a hard time with it and I usually had to tell them what was wrong with the file.

If you are wanting just to import and export, Apsona is extremely straight forward - the only thing you really have to learn is what fields are required. Now all I have to do is send them a sample file to get started.

Just easier to teach.

Plugin Contributions

delia, when you said {I} had to be registered with Apsona for it to work,,,,,,, WHAT exactly is registered with them? The Website URL? I have ShopAdmin installed on 2 sites, and I still have the program and wanted to use it on another website; So, if I install it on a new website, will that work for me? How does Apsona know it's "ME"? Or can I not do that? Thanks!! @fabiene, thanks for the input. I'll install ezpopulate at some point and check it out.
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 8 Mar 2015 at 08:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

If you have them installed now, you are registered. When you sign up, that config file you get sent has a account number in it. I have never tried to install it on another site like that. I have no idea if it will work. I suspect it will because it does not take the domain name to make it work - I've used it just recently on an ip address instead.

One of the things that was really nice while they were still fully supporting this, is that I was able to get them to add other database tables /mods in to your specific cart. So they could turn on things for each website. I really regret not paying them to add in my product extra fields mod!

I'm not sure what or how they were doing but you are totally dependent on them for this mod. Kudos to them for keeping everything going so long when it was never a moneymaker for them.

By the way, the actual shopadmin pages on their website are still up and working: http://apsona.com/pages/ec/sa.html

Their homepage is at http://apsona.com/pages/sfdc/index.html - I think the placeholder page that shows up is a mistake.

Plugin Contributions

Question: I don't know the in's and out's of Software Licenses, open source or otherwise, but would it be possible for them to make another version of this and sell it and provide support, or do something that would make it worth their time for support of this product? Maybe charge for the 'server fee'? Heck I don't know.. ha.. I'm just thinking about the future, and thinking this will be useful for some time,, and as ZenCart gets updates, I'm afraid this program will disappear.

Plugin Contributions

delia, I don't remember getting a config file from them....? I just remember installing the plugin. I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything from them.. Could THIS be the reason mine isn't working? I installed it about 1.5 or 2 years ago. I COULD have received something from them, but I'm don't recall THEM sending anything to me. As a matter of fact, I had a problem with the install, emailed them, and a girl emailed me back. She was very nice.. but I don't remember getting anything from them to 'add' to my install.

Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast