Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin - a free tool for import/mass update/reporting

Hello guys. Apsona is great, but I have a newbie question: How to mass delete products by uploading a CSV file through Apsona ShopAdmin?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

vintsf - sorry for the delayed response. As yet no, you can't delete via CSV upload. This feature is on our todo list, though, so it should be available soon.

Regards.

Plugin Contributions

Having loaded ShopAdmin onto my 2-language non-production Zen Cart shop (v1.3.9b), it appears to do everything I really need, and could be the answer to my prayers. Except, the multilingual support doesn't seem right.
    When I create a single product, I need to be create it with names in both languages, and descriptions in both languages.
    This doesn't seem possible.
    When I create the product with the first language selected, I can only enter that language's details. When selecting the other language, I can't even see that product in the tool ...

What am I doing wrong?

What I need is to create a product, and enter names and descriptions at the same time for both languages, while that product keeps a single id and model number.
    Point me to the right way of doing this, and then I'm sold.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

nicnet - one approach to maintaining products in multiple languages is to import each language in a separate batch.

For example, suppose your cart supports English and Spanish. Your first step would be to import the English versions of the product info: (a) choose English from the language dropdown at the top of the ShopAdmin UI, and (b) in step 2 of the import wizard, map the language-dependent fields (such as name and description) to their English versions.

Your next step would be to update via import. This time you would choose Spanish in the language selector, and in the import wizard you would choose "Update existing records". You would then map the language specific product fields to your Spanish versions, and proceed with the import.

After the first step, if you change the language selector to Spanish, you will probably not see the product records within ShopAdmin, as you indicate. But that's because ShopAdmin tries to display Spanish data and doesn't find it. That doesn't matter - simply go ahead with the update via import, and things should line up afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Default second language

I found the dual language procedure complicated at first.

What needs to be stressed is:

1) IMPORT of new data (english only) : thereby creating new products.

2) Change language and then UPDATE now-existing products with the second language fields.

Plugin Contributions

Hi apsona and torvista

Yes - I can get this (dual language import) to work now, based on the use of new and update.
    Looking at the products and products_description tables with phpMyAdmin helped me along as well.

This seems to be me to be an extremely useful and well supported addition to my zen cart. Where is the catch? (is there one?)

Thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

Since yesterday, I can't update my products with apsona. I do not know what might be the issue. If I choose 'update existing record', it would tell me that apsona is not responding.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by poola View Post
    Since yesterday, I can't update my products with apsona. I do not know what might be the issue. If I choose 'update existing record', it would tell me that apsona is not responding.
    We've not made any updates in the last week or two, so this is unlikely to be an issue with ShopAdmin. Have you talked to your hosting service about this?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have not talked to my hosting provider about it. I really think that it is strange. All I want to do is only to update my prices. I never thought that it would be a big issue like this.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I have a ZenCart site hosted on Hostgator using a dedicated IP address for now. I have a live site elsewhere so I can't transfer the domain over until I get this site ready to go live.

I have the latest version of ZenCart and have installed Apsona and unzipped it to the 'manage' folder which replaced the 'admin' folder on Hostgator. The new Apsona link is showing under my 'Tools' menu in the admin site but when I click on it I get the following error message. I have the link that Apsona sent me regarding the installation but this error message isn't mentioned in it. I don't know if using the IP address instead of the domain name might be messing it up or not.

Does anyone have any idea where I need to look to correct this? Thanks for any help.

Here is the error message:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at missyscollectibles.com Port 80
    Jim Stiles
    http://www.missyscollectibles.com
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast