Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with manufacturer select sidebox

Hello to all!!!

Iīm a Zen cart user from one year ago. I followed the forum and faqs and is incredible the good information that I found here, but this time I have a problem with the Manufacturers select sidebox from my storefront.

When I select a manufacturer thatīs only have one product, the filter functions perfectly, but if I have asociated more than 1 product to this manufacturer, the result is the index page, and back to store front.

For example:

http://www.multisononline.com

In the manufacturers selec sidebox, under the categories, in the left column, select Radikal Technologies and the only product appears, but If you select Yamaha...back to the storefront.

All products are asociated to manufacturers, but is very strange.

Could please say me whatīs could be happend?

Thanks for the help and congratulations for the great community.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with manufacturer select sidebox

Check and see if this is because you have 1 Product in the Radikal Technologies manufacturer and multiple Products in the Yamaha manufacturer and have the setting in the Configuration ... Layout Settings ... for skipping the listing turned on:
    Code:
    Skip 1-prod Categories
    Skip single-product categories
    If this option is set to True, then if the customer clicks on a link to a category which only contains a single item, then Zen Cart will take them directly to that product-page, rather than present them with another link to click in order to see the product.
    Default: True
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh, and thank you for your answer. I probe it, but seems that this is not the problem.

I can see in the adress bar navigate that when i select the manufacturer appears an http adress with a filter id :

http://www.multisononline.com/index....ain_page=index

But then inmediatly back to the index page:

http://www.multisononline.com/index....id=5&chapter=0

Iīm really not sure whatīs happend.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Do you have any SEO/rewrites on your site?

If you go to your domain name, it is getting rewritten and you will see the URL change ...

Turn this off and see if that corrects the problem ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for your words Ajeh.

I have not any kind of SEO, I donīt know where the problem is.

Iīm also really interested in the Ajax autosuggest search. I have been seeing other online shops made with zen cart, but any of this shops have installed this.

I found scripts, codes and intend to install but after 2 months looking for information about a module or a step by step for install this aplication I donīt know what can I have to do to install this usefull tool.

Could please tell me how or who can help me in the correct direction?.

Thank you again for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Something on your site or in your code is taking you from the URL:
    multisononline. com

to the URL
    http://www. multisononline. com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5&chapter=0

NOTE: remove the spaces
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh and thanks again ;-)

Yes, this is because We use an EzPage for the storefront, and is posible that this is the problem but its very strange, because when I search a word or manufacturer name product i recive the search results.

As I can see, this is the way my manufacturer Select works:

1. I select a manufacturer from the manufacturer select sidebox. If only one product is assigned to this manufacturer, the products shows because the manufacturer calls really only one "product_info", as I can see in the explorer bar. For example Radikal Tecnologies:

// http://www.multisononline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5031

The problem is when the manufacturer sidebox call a "manufacturer id=", then seems that the page are loading, because for one second I can see in the navigator bar:

// http://www.multisononline.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=143&main_page=index

But at the moment the main page reload with the Ez-Pages dedicated for the store front.

I can see in the result:

manufacturers_id=143&main_page=index

ŋIs posible that the manufacturer_select.php have a wrong sentence that do go back to the main page?.

I think Iīm in the way, but a little help is always welcome

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you temporarily turn off the redirect to the EZpage?

Seems like you could have put the same content in define_main_page and avoided the redirect in the first place.

Plugin Contributions

It does sound like your customization is intercepting the page and preventing things from working correctly ...

If you are overriding the initial code based on an expectation of parameters in the URL and that parameter is not there on a manufactuers_id URL then you have to fix your custom code ...

I would try what stevesh has recommended and turn off you redirect to see if the code is working correctly and if so, fix your customization to handle both circumstances ...

It looks like you test for the cPath ... unfortunately, from the manufacturers sidebox there isn't a cPath so your redirect appears to be kicking in ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes!!!!!.

I have a sentence in my main_page that calls one ezpage. Now the manufacturer select works ok ;-)

But I see that if I want a dynamically store front I have to select featured, special and other products, perfect, and my question now is ŋCould please take me to the way to redesign this center box?. I know I have to use the .css file, but iīm not sure what sentence contains these parameter, for example for change the size, the colors or the position of the little picture.

Thank you very very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast