Plugin Contributions

Default Enabling coupons in my store breaks Express Checkout?

Hi,

We've been using Zen carts for a while with no major problems, however, i decided to have a play today and added the discount codes - no problem here except, this forces the Express Checkout:Skip Payment Page to become No - we had previously had it selected as yes to speed things up. Thing is, this now breaks the payment method.

Procedure:
    Buy stuff, click check out with paypal (the only option) takes you to paypal, you login, you now are returned to page 2 of the checkout on Zen carts - without the discount module it goes straight to page 3. So add discount code, go to page 3, click pay now and i am returned to my paypal overview page. I have not made the payment and do not receive the payment confirmation page on Zen.
    Normally you don't get page 2, click confirm and you get the payment confirmation page on Zen.

Any advice on what we are doing wrong or what we need to change?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Enabling coupons in my store adds another step to Express Checkout?

There's nothing wrong. That's how it's designed:
    - start checkout
    - visit paypal site
    - come back to your store, and select shipping
    - advance to payment page and enter coupon code
    - advance to final confirmation
    - done

You have to give your customer a place to enter their discount coupon. And that happens on the checkout_payment screen. If the customer has no code to enter, they can simply click Next to move on to the final stage of checkout.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Enabling coupons in my store breaks Express Checkout?

Hi, the problem isn't the discount extra page, it is that after that page when you move to page 3, you confirm all the details and click pay now.

Before we introduced the discount page, you would click the 'confirm and pay' thing and would get the final Zen page saying payment complete and gives you an order number

Now, you click the final 'confirm and pay' button and it takes you to your personal PayPal account overview page, not the order confirmation page. No payment has been taken from PayPal and no order goes through.

Thanks
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Peculiar.

What version of Zen Cart?
    Actually, click "Reply" below, and answer all the questions in the "Posting Tips" section of the screen.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Version: Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

Version was a fresh install

Add-ons: Google Analytics,

Customisation:
    Style sheet changes. Deleted some side boxes, etc from php code, but no major changes to flow of check out, just style / looks etc. (think one of the major changes was changing the phone field to have a required length of 0 and then hid it using the csv)

Modules installed: Shipping, Sub-Total, Tax, Total
    (Disscount Coupon module was installed, but currently uninstalled to leave the website in a working state)

The only payment option is PayPal and we only use the PayPal Express Checkout option.

Looked in Faq, searched forum, read about using disscount codes on main site, searched google, etc.

I've been using Google Chrome, I am yet to try IE and Firefox, though that will be this evenings plan - as will trying to just enable the payment page without the disscount module installed and see if i can have that page and still pay sucessfully.

The shop has been running fine for a while and had no problems with it until we came to add the disscount section.

Thanks

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SHSLtd View Post
    Version: Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

Version was a fresh install
    Have you applied the posted security patches for v1.3.8a?
    If not, have you checked your site thoroughly to determine whether you've been hacked?
    v1.3.9 has all the 1.3.8 patches included in it, along with several PayPal improvements, so it would be wise to plan for an upgrade soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SHSLtd View Post
    I've been using Google Chrome, I am yet to try IE and Firefox, though that will be this evenings plan - as will trying to just enable the payment page without the disscount module installed and see if i can have that page and still pay sucessfully.
    Will be interested in those test results.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... In that case a full upgrade looks like the better option (given the other advantages) I shall get someone to do that over the next few days and then revisit the discount code issue

Thanks

Mike