Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping Rules - Default, hide other shipping option upon checkout

I'm a newbie so please forgive me if this has been covered.

I've installed the "free shipping rules" module and the only other shipping module enabled is the "per item" shipping module.

I have free shipping rules configured so that when 6 or more items are in the cart, the free shipping option kicks in. I configured the per item shipping at 20/item.

The rules work fine.. however.. If the qty is less than 6, I get just the per item shipping option @ 20/item as I would expect. But when I put 6 or more in the cart, I get two options for shipping. If the qty is 6, one option is $120 in shipping and the other option is "free shipping".

My question is this, can I suppress the $20/per item shipping option so all that shows is the free shipping if the qty is 6 or higher in this scenario? If not, is there a way to make the free shipping option the default in this scenario? What happens now is that the radio button is on the per item shipping line and not the free shipping.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Rules - Default, hide other shipping option upon checkout

The Free Shipping Options freeoptions is designed to show as an optional shipping method in addition to the other shipping modules ...

If you want to "hide" the Item Rate shipping module, they you would need to customize it set the $this->enabled to false when the number of items in the cart are >= 6 ...

You can customize the Item Rate item shipping module by editing the file:
    /includes/modules/shipping/item.php
    Code:
          // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
          if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
            $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ITEM_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
          }

if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG) {
        global $cart;
        if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() >= 6) {
          $this->enabled = false;
        }
      }

NOTE: save a copy of the original file and the updated file on your computer as there are no overrides for this file ...

NOTE: it is best not to save these backup files on the server as this is an autoloading directory and unless you rename the backups correctly they will produce errors ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Rules - Default, hide other shipping option upon checkout

worked perfectly..Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that this was able to work for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Im wanting to adapt the above code so the other options dont show when the cart total is = or more than £50.00

Can anyone help please :-)

Plugin Contributions

If you ONLY want to offer Free Shipping when the Order is >= 50.00 then you should be using the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping

Set to 50.00 and set to enabled ...

NOTE: Free Shipping Options freeoptions is designed to show in addition to other shipping modules so the customer has a choice for faster shipping methods vs the Free Shipping on a slow boat ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Im wanting to offer 3 Options all together.

1 - Slow (Paid for)
    2 - Fast (paid for)

3 Fast (free when over £50)

So i need to turn 1 and 2 off (Which im using flat and flat clone for)

and only display 3 (free options) if the order is over £50.

Ive used the code from above and it works a treat but only if they have 6 items in the cart, so im trying to change the above code to be = or great than £50 intead of the 6 items bit.

Sorry that makes sense in my head hope it does to you too!!

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You can use the:
    $_SESSION['cart']->show_total()

to check the Total of the Order and turn off the two shipping modules for:
    1 - Slow (Paid for)
    2 - Fast (paid for)

by setting the:
    $this->enabled

in those two shipping modules to false when the:
    $_SESSION['cart']->show_total() >= 50.00
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ahhh Thanks!! =) Genious!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this was able to help you out ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast