Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Installing v1.3.9b that "There was a security error when trying to login." AGAIN!

Ok,.. while I very much appreciate the security feature this "token" thing will provide, it has giving me nothing but headaches. I have a 100% fresh non-altered copy of version v1.3.9b and it's still giving me this error, which I thought was related to "custom" templates, and no extra ones are implanted yet. It's 7:30 am and I been trying to figure this thing out all all night. Please can someone help me as to why this is happening on a fresh install? I mean am I missing something?

Here is that Error we all love to see...

"There was a security error when trying to login."

Using WAMPServer for local set up:

MySQL 5.1.36

Appache 2.2.11

I know this question's prolly ben asked more times than it should but I really appreciate some help.

I've checked the PHP login files for the code it is there..

help me?

PLZ /THXu

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing v1.3.9b that "There was a security error when trying to login." AGAIN!

Anybody out there? pretty please?

There a youtube vid for this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing v1.3.9b that "There was a security error when trying to login." AGAIN!

on a side note I can log into admin section that seems to be working ok.

Plugin Contributions

Php: 5.3.0

Plugin Contributions

The error msg. is related to sessions which is connected to cookies and cache. The latter two aspects are specific to Browser usage.

Have you tried restarting your Browser and then trying?
    Have you tried creating a new account and logging in?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    The error msg. is related to sessions which is connected to cookies and cache. The latter two aspects are specific to Browser usage.

Have you tried restarting your Browser and then trying?
    Have you tried creating a new account and logging in?

Thank you for replying... OK,... after many, many, many cups of coffee, asprin, head banging, etc....

V1.3.9b is NOT compatible with PHP 5.3!!!

It wasn't anything to do with cookies,.. I did check that

I also checked the "token" jargon code that is the new security feature, wasn't that either, the lines of code where there, and functioning..

SO... Here was my fix...

I'm using WAMPserver 2.0.. the latest of it's version, and by default loads PHP 5.3...

I had to go and download section and get 5.2.11 for the store to work. I'm guessing because when this version of zen cart update was written 5.3 wasn't out yet.

Would be a good F*ing idea that when updates are released, info like that would be very clear to find and written out. If it is, I obviously missed it and if someone could I dunno make the text larger, in red, with a check box confirming you have read it, then allowed to continue etc....

Sorry, just really frustrated... for the people that wrote the program, proops,.. but you got to remember, although a lot of us want to have our own stores, we do need better install directions.

Now after like 20 reinstall, deletions, whatever I got to go replug all my info and products...

I'm SOOOOO... going to put this on you tube.. I even looked there and found nothing...

I almost, almost said the frack with this software... but,.. I knew it would eventually work and it did... If it wasn't for the hours on end learning how to plug the site into zen cart I prolly would have left it.

ok,.. I need a beer... who's with me!

Plugin Contributions

If you stick with it and do some testing on a Hosted account rather than a Home OS, I'm sure you'll find the 1.3.9x works with PHP 5.3 just fine.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool9455 View Post
    V1.3.9b is NOT compatible with PHP 5.3!!!
    Actually, Yes, it is.
    In fact, I've used the latest WAMPserver (2.0i as of today) and the latest Zen Cart (v1.3.9b as of today), and installation works great directly "out of the box".
    Also works great with the latest XAMPP (1.7.3 as of today), too.
    And the latest MAMP (1.9 as of today), for mac users, too.

Not sure what's up with your computer, but it's working fine here, not just for me but for several others too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well,.. I dunno...

the second I changed it back to the earlier version of PHP it worked like a charm. I'm just happy it worked. I didn't change anything else tho so I know this was, at least my issue...

Plugin Contributions

You may want to reinstall your latest WAMPserver 2.0i and then reload 1.3.9b. Most likely you will find that 1.3.9b works a treat with the default php 5.3 of WAMPserver 2.0i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast