Plugin Contributions

Default 26 Invalid vendor account

Hi folks,

So I just upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9c, got everything working, then tried to get the payflow/cardinal/maestro stuff working.

I really struggled. The howto docs provided were not too helpful at narrowing down which combination of log ins, ids and passwords I was supposed to use where. Anyway after a little bit of google and a lot of experimentation I found a bit of golden advice. So I'm sharing. The problem is the wrong combination of details in the express paypal checkout set up, which should be the detaisl you would use to log in to your paypal manager:

https://manager.paypal.com

So log in there and use those details:

PAYFLOW: Partner
    =Partner used on the manager log in

PAYFLOW: Vendor
    = merchant log in on the manager log in

PAYFLOW: User
    = same as above OR (I presume, not tested) the User field on the manager log in

PAYFLOW: Password
    = the password entered on the manager log in.

With that set up correctly and the rather more specific guides for payments pro as to what should get entered into which box you should be find.

I hope that proves helpful to someone - I felt like a proper newb not being able to figure out what username and password I should be using but to be fair the information I had to work with was kind of ambiguous. And I didn't find much on these forums beyond 'check you are using the right details / talk to paypal' to help me on my way. Much to my surprise might I add, because digging for answers here is usually good to me. Guess that means I'm pretty unimaginative in most of my issues

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 26 Invalid vendor account

From the built-in help text:

PAYFLOW: Partner
    Your Payflow Partner name linked to your Payflow account. This value is case-sensitive.
    Typical values: PayPal or ZenCart

PAYFLOW: Vendor
    Your merchant login ID that you created when you registered for the Payflow Pro account. This value is case-sensitive.

PAYFLOW: User
    If you set up one or more additional users on the account, this value is the ID of the user authorized to process transactions. Otherwise it should be the same value as VENDOR. This value is case-sensitive.

PAYFLOW: Password
    The 6- to 32-character password that you defined while registering for the account. This value is case-sensitive.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.