Thread: Sign in page

Plugin Contributions

Default Sign in page

I have recently installed Paypal Check Out Express and there is a consequence for customers who have chosen not to pay with Paypal but to go through the regular check out process "go to checkout".
    An extra login page appears saying "Welcome, Please Sign In" with the Paypal button again. I would like to skip that page which rather look like an useless insistance to pay through Paypal and go directly to the sign up page when the customer is not log in. Is this possible? What would be the modifications to do?
    ZC version 1.3.9c upgrade

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sign in page

Yes, that's correct; an extra useless page. Installing Paypal Express will turn on the split-login page even if you set it to false in Configuration > Layout Settings.

The only way I know of to stop it would be to hack up tpl_login_default.php. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you know what you're doing.

Plugin Contributions

I have recently installed Paypal Check Out Express and there is a consequence for customers who have chosen not to pay with Paypal but to go through the regular check out process "go to checkout".
    An extra login page appears saying "Welcome, Please Sign In" with the Paypal button again. I would like to skip that page which rather look like an useless insistance to pay through Paypal and go directly to the sign up page when the customer is not log in. Is this possible? What would be the modifications to do?
    If you are only using PayPal for payments, then you could disable the regular "go to checkout" button to prevent the login process from appearing.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you slomojojo to point out which file was concerned. I have found how to delete the Paypal part on this extra login page but couldn't find how to go directly to the main login page. I might need a little more help...
    In my shop Paypal is only an option (to answer to Kim)

Plugin Contributions

Well finally I could find the modifications deleting from line 20 to line 60 in that file.
    Thank you for your help.

Plugin Contributions

After looking a bit better I have found that the change I have done is not so good as the "Log In" at the very top of the page (next to "Home") doesn't work any more...

Plugin Contributions

I did start from the beginning again to find another solution. Here is quiet an heavy hack but it seems to work fine:
    Copy all the "BOF normal login" (lignes 60 to 99) and paste it to replace "BOF PPEC split login" (lignes 20 to 58).
    There is certainly a better solution but I am not a programmer...