Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question New install gone wrong? Blank store page, no navigation in admin

I was trying to do an upgrade to the latest release (c) just downloaded today. I did it as a new install in a new directory with new database. Per the install itself everything seemed to go fine.

Then when I log in to the admin I see a text list of the admin options on the left side of the screen. There appears to be no style sheet associated but then I have never seen the new release before so don't know what I should see.

But none of the links function. I can't access any admin settings.

Also the store front page is just a blank white screen.

I have installed a lot of Zen carts in the past but have never seen this problem before.

Did I miss something? Is there a bug in the new release?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New install gone wrong? Blank store page, no navigation in admin

That's not a bug in the new release. Something is amuck with one or more things in your merging of changes to files, and/or your upload of components to the server.

You can start here as a first step in attempting to find out what's causing your blank pages:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: New install gone wrong? Blank store page, no navigation in admin

I did not merge anything yet. As stated above I did a clean new install and have not been able to get to the point of merging anything.

Left old cart in place, new database etc. NOTHING of the old cart has been added to the new installation at all.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is it a problem with the stylesheet not loading?
    Maybe your host doesn't like the settings in your /admin/.htaccess file? or the /admin/includes/.htaccess file?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=235

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Is it a problem with the stylesheet not loading?
    Maybe your host doesn't like the settings in your /admin/.htaccess file? or the /admin/includes/.htaccess file?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=235

Are these settings something other than in past distributions? I have no issues with many other installs on same server. What would I look for?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Much smarter security protections are included in v1.3.9.
    However, there is the occasional server whose administrator has set up restrictions which cause the .htaccess protection rules to not work. In those cases you'll have to work with your hosting company to come up with alternative .htaccess rules that will provide the same security protections. Either that or you're welcome to leave your site open to hackers.

Plugin Contributions

Much smarter security protections are included in v1.3.9.
    However, there is the occasional server whose administrator has set up restrictions which cause the .htaccess protection rules to not work. In those cases you'll have to work with your hosting company to come up with alternative .htaccess rules that will provide the same security protections. Either that or you're welcome to leave your site open to hackers.
    Where is the info in this instance. I have my own server so don't have a "hosting company" to ask.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: New install gone wrong? Blank store page, no navigation in admin

Is there forthcoming an automatic update capability. From what I have seen so far this is going to be a major pain for anyone with a bunch of sites to upgrade.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stuffdone View Post
    Where is the info in this instance. I have my own server so don't have a "hosting company" to ask.
    In the .htaccess files I mentioned there are instructions explaining the server requirements.

Plugin Contributions

In the .htaccess files I mentioned there are instructions explaining the server requirements.
    I will go have a look.

PK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast