Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wich SQL to choose? upgr 138 to 139 or only sgl??

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    You enter this into the address field of your browser:

http://www.your_site.com/your_testing_folder/zc_install/index.php

Tried that. Got this:
    Firefox can't find the server at www.your_site.com.

Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Before doing everything you said I should do, I want to simply upload/import 139c as is to my new temporary, and empty, databas.
    Via phpmyadmin I imported the dowload file from zen-cart website/Sourceforgenet called zen-cart-v1.3.9c-full-fileset-05162010.zip

phpmyadmin result when importing it gave me 0 files installed. Any clues to why?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Tried that. Got this:
    Firefox can't find the server at www.your_site.com.

Any other ideas?
    Rod, are you trying to help the OP? or are you trying to talk about something *you* are having problems with on *your* site?
    If your post is NOT part of the present discussion, please start a separate thread for it, as it doesn't sound like it's relevant here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Rod, are you trying to help the OP? or are you trying to talk about something *you* are having problems with on *your* site?
    If your post is NOT part of the present discussion, please start a separate thread for it, as it doesn't sound like it's relevant here.
    I was trying to replicate the OP's problem and following Frank18's suggestion.

I know when my help isn't needed though, and since its 1am here I'm off to bed.

Cheers
    Rod.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your sarcasm isn't helping things any.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Stefanl,

Sorry for the bad translation, but let's try this....

[FONT=Arial]Behaga berätta oss vad du skulle skriva på maskin i din beter till komma till din temporär version av Zen Cart.[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Stefanl,

Sorry for the bad translation, but let's try this....

[FONT=Arial]Behaga berätta oss vad du skulle skriva på maskin i din beter till komma till din temporär version av Zen Cart.[/FONT]
    It wasnt the best translation - Google translate ;-) - but I like that you did it.

So if I understand the swedish translation good enough, your question was why I like to use a temporary database?

If the question was such, it is because I dont dare to upload the new version 139c until I know its working and looking like it should do, and until I know I am doing everything by the book.

Plugin Contributions

NO, the question was not thought out well by me.

What you need to do is enter into your browser, the address of your temporary files and add /zc_install/index.php.com to the end of the address you type in.

For instance, let's say your site is stefanl.com and your 139c files are in 139c.

In that case, you would enter http://www.stefanl.com/139c/zc_install/index.php.

That will start the installer that will load a NEW copy of all the files and create the new database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    NO, the question was not thought out well by me.

What you need to do is enter into your browser, the address of your temporary files and add /zc_install/index.php.com to the end of the address you type in.

For instance, let's say your site is stefanl.com and your 139c files are in 139c.

In that case, you would enter http://www.stefanl.com/139c/zc_install/index.php.

That will start the installer that will load a NEW copy of all the files and create the new database.
    Thanks!
    I have been sending emails and got some respons and hopefully a new one tomorrow from my webhost.
    Still liked the swedish though.
    Because you know know Swedish here is a swedish newspaper website, use google translate if needed ;-) www.dn.se

Plugin Contributions

I now have a temporary zencart up and running, on a subdomain on my website. The 139c is there and I can also log into my admin, BUT when looking at the demo/temp zencart on the web I see no visual difference. It is only the default design, which I of course isnt using.

Can it be that the admin folder I use on the temporary zencart has a different name than my regular sharp zencart?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast