Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sale Ending/Special Ending Support thread

My Sale Ending/Special Ending contribution is now available from the downloads area here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1662

Sale Ending/Special Ending was inspired by a Twitter post from e-Commerce expert Jason Billingsley, who suggested

"When putting items on sale, express the sale end date to add urgency."

The Sale Ending/Special Ending contribution shows the end date of the sale or special (as long as the End Date or Expiry Date has been set for that sale or special) on the product info page. Installation instructions are provided in the readme file.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sale Ending/Special Ending Support thread

hello, thank you for this mod, i use it for my specials,
    i set the special expiry date jun 20 from admin, the special ends on jun 19 (this is zencart default setting, i dont know how to change), and it displays special expries on jun 20 on product info page.
    so the real expiry date is one day earlier than the expiry date displays on product info page. what do i fix this?

Plugin Contributions

June 20th starts at Midnight June 20th which is 1 minute after June 19th 11:59pm ...

Did you want the special to end June 20th at midnight or really June 21st at Midnight which is 1 minute after June 20th 11:59pm?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I've always thought it would be helpful to display the ending date of a sale or special. Thanks for the mod!.

I also find the expiration date misleading. If the sale expires "today", it should be available until "today" ends. Customers will easily be confused if the site says sales ends June 20th and they return on the 20th to find the sale is over.

Any way to change the way this works?

Also, I'd like to change the way the date is displayed. Instead of 'Special expires Friday 16 July, 2010' I'd like 'Special expires Friday, July 16, 2010'

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

In the add-on code I found zen_date_long and changed it to zen_date_short. It now displays 7/16/2010. What other date options/commands are available?

Plugin Contributions

Has there been any coding so that if the sale ends TODAY, it is still available TODAY? so if it says sale until Dec 31, it will be available ALSO on Dec 31?

I would LOVE to install that mod, but without confusing the customers (i am confused enough myself when setting the sale dates!)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Software Guy,

Thanks for all of your great contributions!

I just installed your sale ending/special ending module into my 1.3.9h install, however, the sale end date is not appearing on products on sale or on special. I double-checked to make sure all was uploaded to my root directoy (where index.php is located) made sure to change the name of "custom" to the name of my template, but no luck. I manually merged your tpl_product_info_display.php (using WinMerge) with my existing version, as it has been modified to show that items are "in stock" instead of showing the quantity of product on hand. Would that have anything to do with the sale end dates not appearing on products? Or, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
    Ken

website is www.houseofjoypublishing.com

Plugin Contributions

Enough folks have asked the question CaroleAs and jeking asked that I have made this an option. If you want your sale to end on June 20 at midnight, set the end date in Salemaker to June 21 and set this option in Sale Ending, and it will show June 20th. This option will be available in the next release of Sale Ending in March.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Not to want to seem picky, but *IF* you could also incorporate some code so there is an indication of "Last day of the sale" when it happens to be the last day (like June 20th in this example), it would be cool (even easier for the customer). But maybe i am just dreaming an idea.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Enough folks have asked the question CaroleAs and jeking asked that I have made this an option. If you want your sale to end on June 20 at midnight, set the end date in Salemaker to June 21 and set this option in Sale Ending, and it will show June 20th. This option will be available in the next release of Sale Ending in March.
    Fabulous Scott. Very much appreciated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast