Plugin Contributions

Default 2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correc

hiya, i'm pretty new to zen cart and have been slowly feeling my way through installation and setup of a webstore on my local machine. (mac osx 10.5.8 ppc). i've been working on it off and on for a few months. i successfully installed and have used MAMP in this process.

the store and admin panel for zen cart are working as expected (so far) with the data i previously uploaded with easy populate.

today i wanted to backup my database and make some changes to it. my plan was to grab a backup, load the csv into filemaker, make some changes to the categories and product descriptions, export that from filemaker to csv and then re-upload the corrected database to zen cart with easy populate.

but... when i went to launch phpMyAdmin, i got the error "#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)".

which begs the question: how do i find my server socket and how should i configure it? why would this have happened? the only thing i can think of is i recently had to upgrade my hard drive in my machine, but just copied the old drive over onto the new one and have had no problems. is it because zen cart is now up to 1.3.9b? do i need to go through the upgrade process first?

any advise is appreciated. i really want to keep this moving!

:) emily

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not co

ok. today it's working. i literally opened up the computer and reloaded the phpMyAdmin tab in firefox from yesterday. i don't understand. *sigh*

but i'll be back if it happens again. :) thanks for these forums. just asking the question apparently helps!